New Nightswan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nightswan

Sorry for the crappy pics, it misting and over cast today so I had to shoot indoors.

I've had lots of Kramers, but never a Nightswan. This thing is a closet classic. Not a scratch, not a mark. The original Floyd doesn't even look like it has been played. I felt guilty screwing in the bar [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. The original case is even mint with not a scratch. Even has the key.

Now the weird part. It looks to be some type of transition/custom guitar, between a Nightswan and Nightswan II. The pickup config doesn't fit either model, but is closer to a Nightswan II, but is has a top mounted OFR with the wood screw posts like a regular Nightswan. Fretboard is ebony with the standard Nightswan inlays. The SN is F 9858 which dates it from '87-'89.

The pickups are both dual rail single coil size. Another weird thing is the middle pickup route. It's definately a factory route, but it has never had a pickup mounted in it. It's totally clean. The switch is 3-way wired bridge, both, neck.

Any Nightswan experts here? I'm going to check out the Kramer forum as well, but thought I'd check here at home first [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: New Nightswan

Sure it's not a Nightswan neck with a different body that somebody together out of parts when Kramer went out of business? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I with you... never saw a Nightswan like that. I always wanted the lightning graphic one!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

That lower horn looks like a nightswan but I've never seen one like that either. Does the scale measure out correctly?

Comment

I just measured it with a tape measure, it's definately a short scale guitar.

Comment

I thought that Nightswans had a humbucker in the bridge.

Comment

I think it's a Nightswan 2.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I thought that Nightswans had a humbucker in the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I can't give you any reason why, but I'm certain this is not a parts guitar. I can usually spot a mutt. Plus the scale length checks out.

Hopefully someone on the Kramer forum can help me out.

BTW, I thought dinkys were little, this thing is tiny on me (I'm 6'5" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). Plus the nut is itty bitty. The Floyd nut is an R1.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I think it's a Nightswan 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nightswan II was a H/S/S with a recessed Floyd Pro. This one is a top mount OFR.

As mysterious as Kramers are, I may never know the story on this one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Does it have a mahogany body? I believe all Nightswans had mahogany bodies.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Does it have a mahogany body?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check...

BTW, I posted on the Kramer forum right after I posted here and I've already had two PMs asking to buy it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Does it have a mahogany body?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to check...

BTW, I posted on the Kramer forum right after I posted here and I've already had two PMs asking to buy it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The body wood will be the determining factor. All Nightswans have mahogany bodies.

Comment

+1, Nightswans have Mahogany bodies. I would be real surprised if that isn't a parts guitar.

Comment

Here is a pic of my holoflash swan mahogany body and short scale....and the thinnest freakin neck I have seen.

Did they make these with any other p/u configuration?

Comment

Hell, if it plays well and sounds good - call it a Kramer Custom Shop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

How do you like the small nut? I've only had the chance to play one of the earlier models and it's been so long now I don't remember. Since it's a short scale with a floyd though they are on my 'if one pops up at the right price I will buy it' list.

Still looks like a great one to have, congrats on it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hell, if it plays well and sounds good - call it a Kramer Custom Shop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

How do you like the small nut? I've only had the chance to play one of the earlier models and it's been so long now I don't remember. Since it's a short scale with a floyd though they are on my 'if one pops up at the right price I will buy it' list.

Still looks like a great one to have, congrats on it. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, BUT... if you pay for a Nightswan (and they aren't cheap!!) you would expect to get a Nightswan and not a parts mutt. If it is a custom shop model the Kramer boys will be able to tell. I never saw a 3 single Nightswan.

Comment

Working...
                              X