Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Nightswan

[ QUOTE ]
    Plus the nut is itty bitty. The Floyd nut is an R1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two Nightswans (light green polka dot on black & the lightning one), but the narrow nut is why they rarely get played. The neck shape is very nice though. Congrats on getting such a conversation piece! Are the kramer guys offering you more than you paid?

Comment

True, I just meant I wouldn't get rid of it just because the body can't be ID'd if it plays and sounds good. But you are right of course, if I bought a nightswan it better damn well be a nightswan. Maybe this is a prototype that made it out into the wild.

Comment

I say that it is probably a custom order Kramer, maybe even a endorser. There has been at least one confirmed custom nightswan with a different pickup combination than the original nightswan or the nightswan II.
        Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I say that it is probably a custom order Kramer, maybe even a endorser. There has been at least one confirmed custom nightswan with a different pickup combination than the original nightswan or the nightswan II.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, there are alot of custom made Kramer guitars out there. The body wood will tell the story. Also, most of the custom shop Kramers that I have seen or heard about have had markings in the neck pocket and/or heel.
          The controls will also tell the story. I believe Kramer used specific pots and switches along with their output jacks which are also fairly unique to Kramer.
          Its probably a custom ordered or a display model for a convention.

Comment

I have linked you pictures on the kramer forum well, see what they know about it down there.

http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/sho...newpost&t=8100
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I just realized after reading the comments at the Kramer forum that this guitar is routed for lipstick singles and not the traditional Kramer V single coil route.
              It has the same route as the single in my Charvel 275dlx.
              This is getting interesting.

Comment

OK, I think I've figured it out. The sun is out now, and in good light you can just barely see where it was routed for two humbuckers. I have to say, this is one of the best re-fins I have ever seen. It really fooled me [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I took the neck off, it's definately mahogany. The neck has the initials "HS" or "SH". The neck pocket has writing in it as well, but there is no way to make it out.

I'm not in it too deep , and it wasn't misrepresented to me. I just thought I had found a weird Nightswan as it all looked to fit together. The clincher for me was the case as it is near mint with the Kramer logo on it just like it's supposed to be. I mean, if the guitar was mint but the case was beat up ...anyway [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

It's still a cool guitar, but look for this one on Ebay soon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I didn't like the skinny nut anyway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, that's too bad. I agree--that is quite a refin job.

Comment

You should consider parting it out. The Nightswan neck alone will go for nice bucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X