• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look What DHL Brought me Today!

Awesome! Congrats!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">Congrats it's beautiful!!! I've been wanting a 650"S" for the longest time now......maybe sometime in the future... </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, it's just awesome. These are usually a year wait from the factory, but I got lucky on this one. It was only 2 months.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'm having fun with playing the first 3 frets or so. Chords with 3 or more fingers has been reduced to 1 or 2. It gets narrow up there. Roger McGuinn shows a lot of these 1 and 2 finger chord techniques on his instructional DVD.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Nice! I can hear The Beatles from here! (oh wait, that's the stereo...)
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

congrats! those are way cool. you do realize that we're all expecting an mp3 of you playing "So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star".
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I want one of those so bad its killing me. nice!!! I have a couple acoustic 12 strings I play all the time but I gotta get me one of those,
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Hey Tim I wondered when you were going to chime in! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm working on "Rock 'N' Roll Star" and the lead stuff for "Eight Mikes High". I can't wait for my Jangle Box. It shouldn't be too long now (3 weeks out of 5 on the backorders). I'm running the Ric into my PSA-1 (clean Marshall setting seems best), then into my G-Major with some compressed delay and sometimes chorus, then into the BBE Sound Maximizer, then to the VHT 2/90/2, then 2 Marshall 4 X 12 cabs. Wall of sound in Stereo! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I tried plugging into my Fender Custom Vibrolux and it wasn't right. Maybe I need a Vox AC30CC now!??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I want one of those so bad its killing me. nice!!! I have a couple acoustic 12 strings I play all the time but I gotta get me one of those,

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I tell you what, I have had a Martin D12-35 since 1971 and this Ric is a lot easier to play. It's like your not even playing a 12 string. The first 3 frets are cramped for space though since the neck is so narrow, but if you reduce the amount of fingers while chording it works. Also, some tune down and put a capo on the 2nd or 3rd fret so you can play in an area where the neck is wider. But man, the sound is classic. And that "5th knob" is amazing. It's like an equalizer-tone shaper.

Comment

Is it pajamas, that's my guess, yellow with gum balls all over them...

Comment

damn it, I always forget to look and see if there is a second page!!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Is it pajamas, that's my guess, yellow with gum balls all over them...

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I think your refering to the "Mexican Throw Blanket". I keep one or 2 around for padding. It's got a Jillion colored stripes on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X