One reason I love GMPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One reason I love GMPs

They built the better Gibson that I've always been looking for.

Gibson:

GMP:

Prices were roughly the same and the owner of the Gibson say that, "She's ... an obvious looker." It's almost unfair. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: One reason I love GMPs

Man, the finish on that GMP stomps all over the Gibson!

Comment

I bet she plays better too...

Comment

I've been trying to put my finger on what the finish on the Gibson reminds me of and I finally hit on it: those putrid avacado colored kitchen appliances my folks installed in the late 60s when such putrid colors were all the rage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

My parents had the same color blender! It was the only appliance left from their wedding gifts that was still around when I was a kid.

BTW, that GMP does stomp all kinds of shit out of that Gibson.

Comment

Blender? Oh no my friend, we're talking refrigerator, stove, range hood, oven, etc. ... the whole shootin' match. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that I actually dig the Gibson Geckoburst. Beats yet another boring Cherry Sunburst, in my book.

But there ain't no way it compares to the GMP finish. That Pawnshop is simply stunning.

And, of course, Rock as Fuck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Blender? Oh no my friend, we're talking refrigerator, stove, range hood, oven, etc. ... the whole shootin' match. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My folks had them too for a lot of years....ugly puketastic greenie yellow color! Yum! Thank god they all died around the same time.

Comment

sure...yeah right! At least the gibby has better inlays and most importantly it has strings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I like the top on the GMP but I like the fretboard markers, the knobs, the pickguard and the lead/rhythm bezel on the Gibby. Those.. to me.. are parts that belong on a Les Paul.

Comment

I like the Gibson, it's very unusual, but I also love that GMP. Reminds me of my Lado.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

To me anyway, the Gibson looks like a Les Paul (though a fugly LP), and the GMW looks like an imported copy.
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I have always hated he inlays on the gibsons. You have this nice chuck of wood then they throw in som greeny-yellowish mother of toliet seat inlays.

Oh well different strokes for different folks............

Comment

guys, those colors are nothing like the avacado stuff. This is more like it:

oh, and I like the Les Paul better than the GMP but they're both fugly [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Waaay too brown Tim. Some of those avacado appliances still reside in my parent's home. I have recent experience in viewing those travesties. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X