One reason I love GMPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One reason I love GMPs

Tim's guitars have ripend over time so they are little more brown.

Comment

well, i sold those monstrosities. terrible guitars. just terrible. i do have a real '78 antigua tele though:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I have always hated he inlays on the gibsons. You have this nice chuck of wood then they throw in som greeny-yellowish mother of toliet seat inlays.

Oh well different strokes for different folks............

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I'll take the GMP's dots & diamonds, along with their logo and side dots - all in abalone! - any day. And I've never liked short-scale guitars so, IMHO, there's another plus for GMP.

Comment

- Newc

Comment

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              guys, those colors are nothing like the avacado stuff. This is more like it:

oh, and I like the Les Paul better than the GMP but they're both fugly [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.....Mud-burst finish. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] At least they probably play better than they look.

And is it just me, or is the green on the gibby opaque?

Comment

the proper term is pukeburst.

- Newc

Comment

Nice kitchen Tim, doesn't seem to match the rest of your house pics I have seen.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nice kitchen Tim, doesn't seem to match the rest of your house pics I have seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

we decided to go retro.

- Newc

Comment

I don't have a photo of the folks' kitchen handy but theirs are more like these:

Both of those colors are travesties but I always thought the greener ones were avacado. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Having a guitar that matches your kitchen appliances is cool.

Comment

Craptacular is a good description of that color

[ QUOTE ]
                          I don't have a photo of the folks' kitchen handy

[/ QUOTE ]

Should you, I don't. I'm starting to feel like a bad son.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            To me anyway, the Gibson looks like a Les Paul (though a fugly LP), and the GMW looks like an imported copy.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Its a GMP not a GMW and that guitar lays to shame (in the fit and finish department) most any guitar maker aside from some of the boutique guitars.

I gotta agree about the inlays, I'll take simple abalone dots and diamonds over trapezoids in MOP (or MOTO).

I badly want a GMP but I doubt it will ever happen. Because of their incredible quality and the fact that no more will ever be made, they are really going up in value, meaning that by the time I have the money to actually spend on one, it will likely be out of my price range.

Comment

That GMP is flat out awesome.
                              Makes me miss them all the more. The only problem I have ever seen on a GMP is the fact that the neck is ultra wide at the nut. But, even that is just preference.

Killer, score. We ever going to see that one up on the classifieds?
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

There has already been one up in the classifieds, at least 1. It sold in an hour or less if memory serves.

Comment

Working...
                                X