The whole clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole clan

so I finally got around to taking pics of all my guitars today. This is a group shot of all 5:

l to r: Hondo 706B, Model 3, KVX10, CX-391, Ibanez T-80 bass

This is my first electric. Got it over 20 years ago, and it still plays. Kinda. The neck is fucked and buzzes like hell. The truss rod won't turn no more. And I wasted the Earvana nut I bought on it. I may get around to slapping a new neck on it, but who knows...

Just had to share the junk! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Re: The whole clan

I like that Model 3!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

How do you like the 391? I have a cs-20 "strat" and it's pretty damn ok.
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Superfly - The 391 is a great little guitar. Good bang for the buck as it was way cheap (like $250 CDN with shipping). It's smaller scale which is fun. Some better pickups would be nice, but I'm in no rush - it sounds just fine for Maiden, Priest, etc. It's one I keep tuned to E standard for jamming along to my favorite bands.

skorb - that Model 3 is beat to shit, but plays like hell. I got it almost new back in the day and gigged the crap out of it around town for a few years. It used to be covered in stickers that I ended up removing with WD-40 and a razor blade! Now the finish is all scratched to hell. The tone post post busted off during one show and I lost the tip on the pup selector. I used to abuse it pretty bad onstage. I had a buddy machine new screws for the JT-6 and bought some locking clamps off Budman, so even with all that she's the best player of the bunch. Always in tune, perfectly intonated, not a buzz to be found. God I love her. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Here's a closer look at the Model 3. As you can see, it's a "player" allright. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

yeah you cannot go wrong with the Model series. I have a Model 2 that I got new in 87, it will always be with me. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
              X