Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most comfortable playing guitar for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the most comfortable playing guitar fo

Can someone edumacate me on the different types of bridges real quick?

Is a recessed floyd something like an Edge Pro 7 like on a lot of Ibanez guitars?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Anything. Seriously, I really don't care what bridge I have as far as comfort goes.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

EBMM John Petrucci.

Without a single doubt, Best comfortroutes EVER + the bridge was sculpted to the mans hand! The saddles are covered so your hand can rest on them while palmmuting, etc...
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Is a recessed floyd something like an Edge Pro 7 like on a lot of Ibanez guitars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any trem that sits in a routed body cavity is recessed. If you look at old Jacksons and Charvels (or recent customs), you still see some that are NOT recessed, such as the JCF-02 "Big Red" for example. Most Jackson imports have low-profile JT580LP trems that are thinner but also recessed; this is similar to Ibanez and many other brands. Schaller Floyds found on older Jackson imports, as well as some of the current cheap Floyd copies (JT500, etc.), are as thick as an Original Floyd but are also recessed, so they sit a little higher than a recessed low-profile trem but not as high as a non-recessed OFR.
          sigpic

Comment

any strat Floyded shaped guitar for me, doesnt matter, flat top or forearm curved...
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I've discovered that Tune-o's are no good for me because they sit so high.

I also started on a recessed trem, and the way that with the killer neck that my ESP sports, is perfect.

I also 2nd the motion for the Petrucci (which i'm also blessed to own), very comfy, i dig that a lot.

Comment

It doesnt' make much difference to me but I'd say I have a slight preference for TOMs that are high off the body.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I'm fine with pretty much anything. I don't like having the volume control too near to the strings though. Because my pinky rests where a volume knob on a strat would be (hard for me to play strats sometimes) and i don't like middle pickups. They get in the way.
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

For me, two-point tremolo on a Strat is the perfect choice. I can somehow lay my hand so perfectly on the surface, that I can pick whatever is in my reach.

The worst picking position for me is on a Les Paul. Even though I really like it as an instrument, but the bridge is too thick for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      For me, two-point tremolo on a Strat is the perfect choice. I can somehow lay my hand so perfectly on the surface, that I can pick whatever is in my reach.

The worst picking position for me is on a Les Paul. Even though I really like it as an instrument, but the bridge is too thick for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, but I find it the opposite. With the LP bridge, I can keep my hand on the back side of the bridge and play clean notes, or move my hand on top of the bridge for palm mutting. I also like to play an LP with a pickguard, because I can anchor my pinky there and pick real fast with an accurate attack.

Comment

TOM
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

My picking hand has never been the problem. I prefer the sound of a TOM, and the abilities of a floyd. Now if I could just find an RR that sound like a Les Paul I would be in heaven!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Thats the beauty of high end Ibanez guitars. The Low Pro trem is extremely low profile and couple that with their killer wizard neck profiles and you will see why Ibanez makes the best guitars. They are my choice for Floyded type strats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree with you there!! I cannot BELIEVE your not getting bricks throwing your way on that one......... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                            X