Ibanez going after gibson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez going after gibson

Looks like Ibanez is trying to compete with gibson with these guitars.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=517968

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=517966

Not bad prices on these.

Re: Ibanez going after gibson

why?

no one's bothering Yamaha, and their AES series looks almost exactly like those Ibanez', even the control layouts.

Comment

no i mean ibanez is going after the gibson market with those guitars. Ibanez is waking up and seeing that the groups today are really into the old style guitars with mahogany bodies, so there guitars look close to vintage shapes etc.. now.

Comment

OH! hehe, sorry about that. for a second there, i was confused and a little annoyed at Gibson (again, hehe).

Comment

yeah i know what you mean, i love my gibsons, but i am tired of there practices and have been thinking of jumping ship and finding a good mahogany bodied guitars

Comment

The original Artist was a beautiful instrument, and a great guitar. These things are not the former, and I have my doubts about the latter as well.
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Re: finding another maker, not for me. I might not like Gibson's practices either, but if they made the be-all-end-all guitar for me, I'd be all over it. They do what they do good, and that's why I stick with Gibson for Gibson style guitars. Ibanez makes great Jems and other things (help me out here jim LOL!), Jackson makes great metal axes, ESP copies everyone else, etc. I like to see companies stick to what they do best.

You've got to give Gibson credit, for a company, they know how to make money hand-over-fist, and everyone is chasing them. Sure they are screwing the little guys, but that's Darwin's theory. Survival of the fittest.

Comment

I LOVED BC Rich back in the day.
                I still have my Eagle Supreme and US Warlock that I love, but I bought my first LP Standard about 6 months ago and that's all I've played live since. I've kicked myself for not buying a REAL LP years ago.
                I'm going to get another one tommorrow hopefully.
                (see "can I get your opinion" thread)

Comment

How is Ibanez going after Gibson by making cheap guitars? Dont see it............

Comment

the Artist has been around a long ass time...the early ones are greta guitars
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

those two models are pretty damn ugly IMO.
                      Ibanez is funny, they make some very nice looking stuff, and also some shit that is like "who the fuck would buy that?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

What the hell is wrong with those, pretty basic but classy...

Comment

Ibanez has a very popular LP in the 70's, lawsuit type.
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Ahh, I;m sure you are aware and are just point out recent models. I think Ibanez has been going after a take in the Gibson market long before now. Replica remakes like the Rocket Roll Sr were intended to fill an affordable niche for very expensive originals. Ibanez has had it's own variations of popular Gibson makes like the Bob Weir model with tree of life which was based upon the SG.
                            In the 80's, they branched off more on it's own with the Roadstar and RG series will still making 'copies' like the Pro Line 1660-2660...which is essentially like a Rhoads.
                            I think the ARX300 looks nice, I'd likely play it if it went past just appearances.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I like to see companies stick to what they do best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which in the case of Ibanez and ESPee - make copies of everyone else's stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X