X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez going after gibson

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I like to see companies stick to what they do best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which in the case of Ibanez and ESPee - make copies of everyone else's stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, now, Ibenhad's made the gem stuff right? or is that considered a strat knock-off?

It's too funny - going through my old guitar mags on the back is a 1986 ad for Gibsons where they blast other makes Krumiers, Yama-whos? Carvels, Blenders, can't think of the others...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      How is Ibanez going after Gibson by making cheap guitars? Dont see it............

[/ QUOTE ]

Most ibanez guitars i have played (and i have owned alot) play damn good. By making these low price guitars they are giving kids who cant afford a used or new gibson another option. Dont ever downplay ibanez, even there crappy guitars are alot better then some companies mid level guitars. I still have one ibanez left that i will never sell, mostly i dont go for ibanez because i like set neck or neck thru, but now i am getting more options with them.

Comment

Still dont see it. Gibson doesnt compete in the same market that these guitars are priced in............

Comment

If they had a Prestige ART that might compete with a Gibson, but Accept is right, the price points are radically different. The models posted here compete with Epiphone and not Gibson. And they definitely beat the shit out of any Epiphone I've ever played.

Comment

I like the quality of the Japan made Ibanez guitars, but those LP knockoffs are fugly. I like the LP for it`s shape and headstock. That being said, even the Epiphone LP`s don`t have the same headstock as the USA LP`s. I guess Gibson doesn`t even want to copy themselves exactly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Is it just me that the only cool LPs are Gibsons? And it's not only about the tone and the feel but when I see an LP and there is a Epiphone, Ibanez, ESP or whatever on the headstock it ruins the look TOTALLY. Maybe I'm weird but that's the way I feel. I doesn't bother me with the other types of guitars, but when it comes to LP it has to be Gibson.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No man, you aren`t alone. The Gibson headstock is so sweet, there is nothing like it. The closest I like is the Hamer Studio headstock, but the Gibson headstock for a LP style guitar is it!! Jack.

Comment

I love Ibanez guitars (surprise!), but I feel mostly the same about the Les Pauls. They should be Gibsons. My brother Dave has two Greco LP Customs though that are abolutely smoking, and real lookers, too. Personally, I'd take an early 80's Artist over a LP, amd switched from an LP Custom to an AR-300 as my main gigging guitar back in 1980 when I first played one.
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

See it is in everyones head that the gibson headstock just looks right, well of course it is the original so you compare everything to it. Personaly i have played guitars that smoke gibsons, you also have to remember i own a few gibson and they are my main guitar so dont take that as me bashing them.

The reason gibson will not let epiphone use the same headstock is clear and simple, why would you spend so much on a gibson if you can get an epi that looks pretty much the same. Epi's are good guitars once you rip out the electroncs and replace them.

I am not looking for a guitar to replace my les pauls, as i will always keep the two i have, i am looking for a guitar that can give me close to the same tone without all the BS that comes along with gibson.

And yes i get a hard on everytime i see a gibson, however there quality keeps going down and you are just paying for the name and can get a guitar like ibanez makes for so much less that sounds just as good.

Comment

Working...
                    X