Jay Turser VS Epi LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Turser VS Epi LP

Ok guys & Girls I have tried both the Epi LP Standard Flame tops & the Jay Turser Turser is more eye appealing & plays a bit better but is seriously weak on tone the Epi is not a bad player & stock has better tone I might throw some gibson pups in wich ever one I get , or The Emg Zakk combo.
    The Jay turser is also a Natural flame top .
    Opinions are welcome to help in this decision, if anyone here has played either or both. Thanks Much.
    Yes I know I have been a Jackson Warrior Loyalist but I've been wanting a LP style guitar for some time with out the Gibson Price.
    Jay Turser LP
    0%
    Epiphone LP
    0%
    According To The Prophecy

Re: Jay Turser VS Epi LP

I firmly believe that Jay Turser sucks................

Comment

Don't get either, get an Agile they are superior to both and cheaper. You will not be disappointed....

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

you're seriously considering buying a Jay Turser? seriously?

dude, they are junk. they are what guys who buy junk think of as junk.

please don't do it man!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

+1 on the above....check out both Agile and Michael Kelly for better values on LP styles.

I got a Jay Turser on ebay 'cause it looked awesome...and that's all it is...a wall decoration.... as the neck is too twisted to be playable! Also, tap all around the top of the body on the Jay Turser you tried out...mine had areas where the flame top wasn't glued properly and it buzzed.

Comment

Chuk, I've only played one Agile (several others here have owned it, too) but it was an amazing guitar. In fact, the next new guitar I buy will probably be an Agile.

Seriously - for the cost, try one. If you hate it, it isn't like you're out big money.

Keith
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I have a friend who bought a Jay Turser LP copy. It's the cheaper one, not the flametop. I was kinda suprised the body was as good as it was. nice paint too, all powder coated. However, all the hardware on it was some of the worst I've ever seen. Pups were absolute junk, tuners wouldn't stay in tune, etc... So far I've changed the pups, pots, bridge, and pickgaurd. It looks pretty damn good and doesn't play that bad. As soon as he buys new tuners they're going in. You really can't even play it with the stock ones. So if you change everything on it, it's not a bad guitar, but definately not a good one either. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some spare parts laying around to use. By the time you buy everything for it, you could've bought a much nicer guitar without the headache. Though I'm not a big Gibson/Epiphone fan, I'd so go with the Epi hands down.

Comment

Hey everybody thanks for the heads up I went back to try thr Turser again , & had the chance to plug it in. Well it looks like this thread is over now I have to find out about the Agile LP instead, I like the Epi alot, & price is a factor, But I have a weakness for figured tops & flame tops are the more common. Anybody know if the Agile comes with a trans Flame top or not? & do any of out dealers here sell them? Thanks Much.

Comment

Well I just finish dragging Ebay & I Think I found the Agile I'm looking for . A natural quilt top AL-2000 , for 225.00 shipped. I saw a Black LP with Floyd wich was tempting also I could get both for 500.00. The best price I found on an Epi trans Blue flame top or amber was going to be about the same for 1.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I have a friend who bought a Jay Turser LP copy. It's the cheaper one, not the flametop. I was kinda suprised the body was as good as it was. nice paint too, all powder coated. However, all the hardware on it was some of the worst I've ever seen. Pups were absolute junk, tuners wouldn't stay in tune, etc... So far I've changed the pups, pots, bridge, and pickgaurd. It looks pretty damn good and doesn't play that bad. As soon as he buys new tuners they're going in. You really can't even play it with the stock ones. So if you change everything on it, it's not a bad guitar, but definately not a good one either. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some spare parts laying around to use. By the time you buy everything for it, you could've bought a much nicer guitar without the headache. Though I'm not a big Gibson/Epiphone fan, I'd so go with the Epi hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt it was powder coated. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Agile is an excellent choice! I have the AL-2500 goldtop and not only is it a beautiful guitar, but it's a player too!

BTW I ordered one of the Agile E1's just for the fun of it. Should be getting here today.

Comment

Working...
                      X