1978 Rickenbacker 4001 *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 Rickenbacker 4001 *PICS*

This bass was purchased way back in the day by my friend's older brother. Over a year ago, he mentioned to me over drinks, that he was thinking about selling this. I told him I wanted it. I hadn't heard from him in over a year until about 2 weeks ago.

He called and asked if I was still interested. Of course I was. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, he has been up and down over selling this but made the plunge today. It is now in my arsenal. Crappy pics, but it is very close to mint condition.

LEMMY!!!!!!!!!

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: 1978 Rickenbacker 4001 *PICS*

Wow very cool!
    Just saw some motorhead videos this weekend

Comment

bloody hell.....that's gorgeous man...
      Congratulations !!
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

That is a cool bass, congrats on getting that one.

Comment

Thats awesome. Make sure you string it up LIGHT!!! Those older 4001 necks will twist bigtime with heavy strings. Do some research before you restring it. Nice bass bro.

Comment

Just flat awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] One of those has been on my list too. The sounds of McCartney, Chris Squire and Geddy Lee come to mind! My list is slowing getting smaller since I aquired a new Ric 370/12. Those Rics are nicely built and still made in the good old USA. Congrats on you aquisition!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

[ QUOTE ]
              Thats awesome. Make sure you string it up LIGHT!!! Those older 4001 necks will twist bigtime with heavy strings. Do some research before you restring it. Nice bass bro.

[/ QUOTE ] Funny you mention that. He told me that the nut on it is for light strings. He had it installed years ago. The strings on it now are a bit heavy and they don't fit all the way into the slots. Plays fine though as is. I guess with lighter strings it will be tip top. Thanks John.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice one Scott! Now I understand why you did what you did! "wink""wink" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Bengal, the original owner was a huge Yes and Rush fan. That's why he bought it. He said it was $275 brand new at Sam Ash. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Of course, his memory may have faded over time.
                  Scott

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nice one Scott! Now I understand why you did what you did! "wink""wink" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Mike, you're too funny. By Friday, I'll be the one going, "wink, wink". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Scott

Comment

that is _sick_!

I've always loved Ric basses. run that though a couple hundred watts of tubes and watch out. so punchy and warm

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Mike, you're too funny. By Friday, I'll be the one going, "wink, wink". [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Hells YEAH!! Scott, I'm not worthy. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I love the "Mapleglow" finish too! Rics have always been reasonably priced too. They haven't gone wild like the other big manufacturer's.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

<font color="aqua">whoa!!!

Congrats on a great purchase, my friend, that is friggin beautiful!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I still can't believe how they robbed Jacksons' sharkie inlays... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

SSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X