Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newer BC Rich Bich Supreme value???...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newer BC Rich Bich Supreme value???...........

Hey guys, I have been asked to price out the value of a like new (about 4 years old) BC Rich Bich Supreme for a friend of the family. Guitar is the standard blond quilt top with all the bells/whistles etc. (switches, knobs, ebony board, TOM trem, cloud inlays) with the factory case.

I believe it was made before the recent shake up at BC Rich (possibly before Bernie Sr. died??? I dunno but I seem to recall my friend saying somethng about that???).

I have never been into these guitars and have no idea what it will realistically bring. I know it was $$$ new, but I also know that does not necessarily mean shit.

The family friend was quoted like $1050 recently and I think that is low (the guitar is mint).

Any thoughts, sources of info?? Any BC Rich boards like this one out there? (I am pretty much Jackson/Charvie and that is it these days).

Thanks for your time.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: Newer BC Rich Bich Supreme value???...........

HHI is the parent company of BC Rich now...they took over somewhere near 2000, I think. If your Bich Supreme is only 4 years old...it's in the HHI era. New those things sell anywhere from 1600 to 2000 something... but a lot of BCR purists aren't that keen on HHI stuff...they consider 1974-1985 the "vintage" years for BCR. The quote you got is pretty much an accurate ballpark (IMHO) for a used HHI BCR, depending on condition and how bad someone really wants it.

TOM bridge doesn't sound right, though...are you sure that's original? BCR usually uses Badass brand bridges that combine the bridge and the tailpiece in one unit.

like this:

If the original bridge has been changed..that usually lowers the value.

www.bcrich.com has forums - they aren't as informative as this one is for Jacksons.

http://mcs.acidpit.org/ is Neal Moser's custom shop forums...there are a lot of knowledgeable vintage BCR fans there because Neal worked at BCR back in their vintage days, but they're not fans of HHI's work.

Comment

That quote is low. For a supreme with active electronics you should be looking at 1600 to 2200. But as thor mentioned, alot of BCR fans don't like the newer stuff on principal. And the custom shop quality in the last 8 years has been pretty hit and miss. Still value is value, and that guitar was most definitely not cheap. Even if he gets a good value for it (1800) he's still probably eating alot of that money.

Comment

not really since most of the newer ones r supremes its not like old days were supreme was a rare option. its not just workmanship alot of them have truss rod issues & all sorts of shit wrong with them, makes buyin them over the interent very risky

Comment

Never heard of any truss rod issues on USA models, but definitely the new ones have shoddy fretwork, bad wiring, improper shielding etc. The supreme has nothing to do with its value (well not really, though a supreme is obviously worth more than a standard), but the active electronics do.

He asked what it was worth though, not wether it will sell over the internet. Though I bet it would sell anyways if its in mint condition. People who aren't knowledgable about BCR USA and its ups and downs are not going to know about any potential workmanship issues.

Comment

Thanks guys. It does have the combo bridge - like I said, I do not know shit about them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

So I figure that it could bring $2000-1900 from the right person (i.e. local and has to have it) and should sell for $1500 just to blow it out the door. Makes sense.

Comment

The BCRs at NAMM this year were great. Very well built and very well set up. Over the last 4 years I've played good and bad ones at NAMM. I do think $1000 is low for that guitar.

Comment

Newer Biches have the quad bridge. Tom sounds like an import...
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Nah, doesn't mean anything, back in 01 alot of the BCR customs at NAMM had quad bridges, some had tunomatic, some had floyds. Doesn't really matter. Depends on the order.

Its definitely not an import, they don't make an import version of the Supreme. The closest they came was the limited run that I have. And that was a import version of the USA SLP's.

Comment

Yeah true. I just hate Toms on BCRs... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mind you, I have seen an NJ Classic with electronics added on ebay [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW - Does not have a TOM - it has the one pictured above. I made a mistake.

Comment

thats consistent with a 01 Supreme Bich then. Those quad bridges are nice, I like em.

Comment

Yep!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X