Warmoth strat body vs Charvel Strat body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmoth strat body vs Charvel Strat body

What are the differences (shape wise) between these two?

Re: Warmoth strat body vs Charvel Strat body

I believe they are dead on, just the neck pocket is different.

2 3/16 Fender vs 2 1/4 Charvel.

Comment

If that's the case I think I'm calling Warmoth this afternoon to place an order. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you are basing that against ..if it is a stratthead the neck pocket is correct .. the control route on a warmoth is huge in comparison to a charvel .. it is actually a great deal of wood that is taken out
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you are basing that against ..if it is a stratthead the neck pocket is correct .. the control route on a warmoth is huge in comparison to a charvel .. it is actually a great deal of wood that is taken out

[/ QUOTE ]

The control route has always been a detraction for me. They like to say that their bodies are light, but why would the not be given the cavern they use for a control route.

Comment

The one thing I hate about the Warmoth bodies is their huge control cavity. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The one thing I hate about the Warmoth bodies is their huge control cavity. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yes! They also won't make your preferred control cavity without a significant upcharge. However, they will do the job based on my conversations with Ken Warmoth. I believe my quote for a rear triangle control cavity was around $300.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with Scott. Econ, why don't you give Musikraft a call. They offer the same exact Strat body with the Charvel "triangle" type control cavity.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Will Musikcraft do all the drilling required for me to put everything together?

Comment

They will drill mounting holes, they will most everything but they will not cut and install a nut for you like Warmoth does. Thats the only difference I think.

Comment

You might want to check these guys out too. I'm told it's a spin off from former Warmoth techs.
                      http://www.usacustomguitars.com/aboutus.html

Comment

charvel strat bodies are not the same as fender strat bodies; there are slight shaping differences. you don't really notice them until you put one body on top of the other. then you can really see.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If you are doing a top loaded body where the route is fender-style, I think you will be happy. They also do a nice version of the heel contour which is subtle and actually the best that I have come across cuz its not scalloped.

However, if you want a charvel copy to the nats ass, Warmoth is not ideal.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Who can then produce a nice Charvel body copy?

Comment

GMW minus the headstock. See if Lee will just sell you a body. I see this guy selling charvel knockoff bodies on ebay all the time... Does anyone know if they are any good?

Comment

Working...
                              X