Vernon Reid ESP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Reid ESP

Anyone here of a Vernon Reid ESP Mirage Deluxe guitar? Has a funky graphic with 1 hum 1 single pickup, looks to be a bolt on neck with a rosewood board and offset block inlays. What are these worth in very good condition?Thanks-Jack.

Re: Vernon Reid ESP

Tracy Jenkins had one, which is pictured here (right near the bottom)

http://www.collectguitars.com/gear/tjenkins.php
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks bro!! That graphic is different, the one I saw have figures on it like Triangles and such and the body didn`t have that horn scallop. I think the one Traci has in a Maverick body perhaps? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Vernon's original ESP had a scratchplate and a triangular sticker on it. Thinking about it, Tracy's might just have been a std Mirage with a Reid type graphic (Kulick?).
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Vernon's original did have a black pickguard (with the triangle sticker), and also a H-S-S EMG setup. AFAIK, all Vern's ESPs & Hamers were bolt-on.

And yea, that is called a Kulick finish.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

This one has circles-squares-triangles and diamond shapes on it, and 4 tones yellow-pink-orange-red, single volume knob and a slide switich that goes up and down. Jack.

Comment

Always loved these Kulick Graphics

I've had this one for awhile recently pulled off all the hardware, for a project I never got around to. I think I'll just put it back together.

I remember that ESP from Tracy's collection when it ws on Ebay.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Oops!! I just noticed the pickup selector switch is a 3 way toggle type. This guitar has no scratchplate, the symbols are part of the graphic. The guy sais it`s worth $800-1000 and is 15 years old. I don`t think it is a Reid model then, just a graphic that resembles one. This could be worth $400 or something. I am probably going to turn it anyhoo as it would be a partial trade for my AT Soloist. Jack.

Comment

Hell no!! That is nothing like what the guy wants to trade me. I just think the ESP the guy has is just a Kulick graphic ESP Mirage now. Jack.

Comment

I nticed the one Traci has, has the Graphic, but it different after that. Maybe some of these are just take offs of Reids guitar. Jack.

Comment

Also, it looks like Reids has an Original Floyd, the guys has an ESP nockoff Floyd. Jack.

Comment

There used to be a pair of those up here in the Twin Cities - they were supposedly owned by one of the guys in Prince's band. I played both of them - great guitars, but kinda spendy (Guitar Center used prices - what do you expect?), and I wasn't crazy about the graphic.

Comment

Is this the one you are talking about?

-Mark

Comment

Yes, but with a regular headstock and the pickups are colored, with colored rings. Were these a signiture model? Maybe the neck was swapped on the one I was looking at? Jack.

Comment

i am not aware of there ever being a "signature" guitar for vernon reid from esp...d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                              X