Grass Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Roots

Did a searcha nd found nothing when it would actually let me search. I am seeing more of these on ebay and was wondering about the quality of these guitars vs price. Anyone have any hands on with these?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Grass-Roots-by-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Grass Roots

The paint job looks horrible, unless it's supposed to be that way? Look where the chip is, you can see the seam from the multiple pieces of wood, and the finish quality,...

Headstock looks familiar...

Comment

I think they are linked to ESP/Edwards..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think they are linked to ESP/Edwards..

[/ QUOTE ]
        They are. I thought they were geared more for the English market (but I could be wrong), as I remember seeing them in an English guitar magazine quite some years back that I picked up off the news stand, and I specifically remember a Kirk Hammett model in particular.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Theres some in England but you dont see many. Ive probably only seen like half a dozen for sale over here and never any in the guitar shops...

James

Comment

What a bad name for a metal guitar. And look at that fretboard!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Theres some in England but you dont see many. Ive probably only seen like half a dozen for sale over here and never any in the guitar shops...

James

[/ QUOTE ]
              Ah, okay. I wasn't sure, as I'd only seen them advertised in an English guitar mag and never here.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I came across one of those Hammett-models about five, six years back... it was an absolute piece of junk with low-grade hardware, crappy finish and some really shoddy workmanship around the frets and inlays. I don´t know if all the Grass Roots are like that, though.

Comment

Grass Roots are ESP bottom end guitars.
                  http://www.espguitars.co.jp/index2.html

ESP/Navigator being the top of the line.
                  Edwards being the Japan production line.
                  LTD being the Korean line.
                  Grass Roots being Korean and ?.

I would not pay $400 for that Grass Roots Horizon.
                  I think you'll find a much nicer neck thru Schecter C1 or LTD 400 series used in that same price range.
                  Also keep an eye on the Edwards.
                  Those pop up on Ebay time to time.
                  Mostly the LP replicas.
                  But, the Edwards Forest, Horizons and Vs pop up occasionally as well.

Edwards are MIJ. Not sure if it's in ESP Japan factory or if Fuji Gen or someone manufactures the Edwards line for them.
                  4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

About 6 years ago, when I was a total guitar reader (English magazine), I too saw these advertised in the dealer ads. From what I could gather, LTD replaced the grass roots line in England.

Comment

I only tried the "kirk hammet" one, but it sucked, get a jackson instead!

Comment

I've never played a grassroots but from what i've heard they are similar to the 250 series LTDs.

Personally i'd go with a Edwards, i love my edwards RV.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I've never played a grassroots but from what i've heard they are similar to the 250 series LTDs.

Personally i'd go with a Edwards, i love my edwards RV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty cool for an ESP-Edwards-etc RR-style... imported from Japan I guess? Would you mind sharing a bit more info on it?
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Hey that was me who posted that, i managed to delete the password saved thing for that account and i can't remember what it was, and i didn't like the username, so this is my new acount.

Its the edwards RV-138.

Alder body, maple neck thru, ebony finger board, original floyd, its currently with the local tech getting a setup and some seymour duncans put it.
                            Imported from Japan, i've had it about 3-4 months now, its great. It plays better than my deluxe series ltd and better than the RR-5 i tried a while back.

Heres a couple of pics: (sorry if they are a bit big)

Comment

In the early 90's a company called Grass Roots began making copies of "orginal" ESP guitars, mainly the Metallica ones of the time. The only official versions were the ESP ones and they weren't cheap.

Grass Roots probably did ok at their price point and ESP ended up buying them up and turned them into the LTD line, so an official cheaper version was available to the kids, with a bit better quality. The best thing Grass Roots early guitars had going for them was they looked the goods. I remember seeing them eons ago, and read some reviews about them locally.

Comment

Working...
                              X