Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *&#%$@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *&#%$@

Wow, that is unbelievable. After seeing that, I would NEVER spend my hard earned money on a GMW product.

That's just downright disgraceful. I would expect any guitar, even cheapo Chinese mad guitars, to have a solid, one piece fretboard.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The thing I don't understand is why go through the hassle of plaining the original fretboard down and gluing a veneer over it. Wouldn't it be easier to replace the entire fretboard or neck? I don't get it.
      Anyway, thats really shoddy workmanship. I can't imagine installing fretboard veneers is common in these situations.
      I wouldn't have made this one public. I would have called Lee and emailed him the pics.
      Bottom line... you caught GMW in a real NO NO!!... BIGTIME.

Comment

You know alot of people bag on me for spending easily 2000+ on my ESP custom guitars direct from Japan but I never had this problem or nothing close to it with my ESP's. I have had alot of neck issues with my new Jacksons but this is unacceptable.

Comment

AK47, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with jackson. GMW is not a jackson shop.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

and vic....holy shit man, i'm so sorry. for the life of me, i cannot fathom why the hell he just didn't put a new and correct neck on there.

wow. just....wow.
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I know I realize this has nothing to do with Jackson. I should clarify It is unacceptable for GMW to do this.
              I have had only minor issues with my Jacksons and none with my ESP guitars, I was only saying this because I get a hard time for buying ESPees by other people.
              I was just making a comparison between the three companies thats all.

Comment

Sorry to hear that but first off I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and whether or not if I think you are a whining Aussie I do not appreciate being told "Fuck You" in the first sentence of thread....so go blow a kangaroo dick weed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree it isn't cool workmanship and you have every right to be pissed off, I certainly would too but its also not cool calling someone an unethical piece of *&^% on an internet forum....be a man and tell Lee that.

What I don't understand if you had a maple neck why not just have a one piece neck w/o a super glued fretboard? It doesn't make sense to me but I just slap parts together and don't make em

Every GMW I put my hands on was a great instrument, Lee has always been easy to deal with for me.

This is something that needs to be taken care of by Lee on eon one, not bashing a guy on a public forum.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

What I don't understand if you had a maple neck why not just have a one piece neck w/o a super glued fretboard? It doesn't make sense to me but I just slap parts together and don't make em

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason, the only one piece maple necks you see are strat or teles; you never see a pointy with a skunk stripe. some of it could have something to do with the scarf joint/tilt back headstock, but i'm speculating.

vic, i'd send lee an email with the pix you posted and see if he's willing to compensate you. i don't think there's any chance in hell i'd send it back to him, especially since you've got a local guy who does a good job.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

ah...that explains it Sully, another good reason (that I didnt know about) to rid myself of pointy headstock necks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm almost there
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Vic, I'm very sorry to hear this is an on going issue. As the others have said, this is completely unacceptable and quite frankly, a joke. I have personal beefs with Lee over some crap from many years ago but my issues pale in comparison to this mess.

I doubt you will get any satisfaction from him, given the time involved. Slam away and pick your words carefully.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

If you paid for it using a credit card you should contact your company immediately and file a complaint. They'll suggest what you should do from there. They could get your funds back entirely if they saw fit.
                        We must!
                        We must!
                        We must increase the bust!
                        The bigger the better!
                        The tighter the sweater!
                        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

That's just awful bro. I have never seen anything like that...and I hope I never do again. Lee has got to make this right.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Just from hearing how the story played out, it probably played fine when Alex played it as the work was just done and the glue was fresh. But the frets didn't realy have any wood to bite into, it was all glue. Eventually, the glue gave way to the pressure on the neck and the frets started to lift up.

Comment

great point!
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Really really bad business. Period. GMW is really going to hurt their reputation doing stuff like this. Totally inexcusible. I would not ever consider ordering one now that I have seen this no matter if it is fixed or not.
                                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X