Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *&#%$@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *&#%$@

I've never seen anything like this before. Even crap chinese guitars are better built than that. I had always planned to get a guitar from Lee because he was helpful to me in the past, but now I don't think I'll do that. Either way you have put serious doubts into my mind about a company run by a guy who would pull shit like what I'm looking at. Horrible. I hope you get a FULL refund for all this trouble.

Comment

Damn Vic...that is completely unacceptable. Best of luck getting some kind of satisfaction outta this. I quit drinking the GMW "Kool-Aid" a while ago, after a few issues of my own with a resto job done there.

Comment

We had a noob here a while back and he was ranting about Lee and referred to him as, "Lee Garver - guitar shipper." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I thought that was funny as hell, due in part to the fact that it is damn near true.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

That just looks bad.
          Thank god there are actual Charvies out there now.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Holy shit, Vic! That really sucks!!! Hope this situation gets resolved somehow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *�%$@

I have never played a GMW so I can only comment on the pix but there is no excuse for what he did. Anyone that attempts to defend GMW for this is being unreasonable. This is something I would expect from Roman.

I can't imagine someone would risk their reputation over that, especially a small company that does almost all of their business by word of mouth. It would have totally been worth it to just cut a new neck and start over.

What a shame...

Comment

Again, isn't it harder to remove frets, plane down a fretboard and apply a veneer to it rather than just replacing the fretboard? It still doesn't make sense to me why he glued on a "faux" fretboard.
                MikeE mentioned Ed Roman. I have never heard of Ed doing something like this. I have heard other things regarding him passing off clone guitars as real ones but nothing ever like this. It makes you wonder if the GMW figure tops are veneer too or worse.... photo flame.
                I know the pictures are worth a million words but this just doesn't make sense coming from such a reputable company as GMW.

Comment

wow that is an incredibly bad job on a custom guitar.
                  if this is what it appears, then I agree this is a complete fraud that he charged you a custom guitar price for this garbage.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I don't blame you one bit for being totally pissed.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I have had only minor issues with my Jacksons and none with my ESP guitars, I was only saying this because I get a hard time for buying ESPees by other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESP FUCKING ROCKS!!! Their QC is one of the best!

My two cents
                      Fong

Comment

I was looking at the GMW site. Does Lee offer a lifetime warranty on his guitars? Or any warranty?
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

I have had only minor issues with my Jacksons and none with my ESP guitars, I was only saying this because I get a hard time for buying ESPees by other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESP FUCKING ROCKS!!! Their QC is one of the best!

My two cents
                          Fong

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost good as high end Ibanez. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If he did, it's probably blown now since the other guy already ripped the board.

As for Vic "owing Lee a chance to make it right rather than bashing him on a public board" - [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Uh-uh. Lee had the chance - twice - and blew it. He owes Vic a total refund IMO.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Have you talked to GMW about this discovery yet? Is it possible that perhaps Lee himself is not aware of this issue? You're assuming that he personally did the fretboard/inlay work, but perhaps that was "outsourced" somewhere else and Lee himself is unaware of the shoddy fix that was done? Just something to think about before the torches and pitchforks come out.

I'm not suggesting that you should expect any recourse from that route. And, quite frankly, were I in your shoes, I wouldn't even attempt to get any. The continued frustration ain't worth it, IMHO.

But wouldn't it be better to discuss the new discovery with them before airing it on an internet forum? And, if they weren't aware, they'd probably like to know.

Comment

I think a replacemet neck is needed, regardless of who, what or when work was done on that neck
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X