Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *�%$@

[ QUOTE ]
    never acceptable to treat your customers like shit. For every one you treat like shit you lose 10 more potential customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that is exactly what happened because of this thread.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Nobody in their right mind would fix a problem with a thin veneer if they were to approach this to doing it right.
      Take it in the ass and move on man 'cause I really think its over with Lee if he didn't do ya right the first time about. Get another neck with the same pocket dimensions or send the neck to some guy off eBay in Asia who does all that really ornate inlay work and have a real artist do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been taking it in the ass since 2004 when I got the guitar the first time dude. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Why would I stop now?... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It became obvious to me that Lee wasn't going to replace my neck back then, and it's obvious now that he doesn't give a rats about making it right today, so I'm going ahead with replacing the board, which is why I discovered what had been done.

Also, the truss rod used was only a single action one, we'll be replacing it with a double action unit.

Comment

Fuck Lee, fuck him in his stupid ass.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          never acceptable to treat your customers like shit. For every one you treat like shit you lose 10 more potential customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that is exactly what happened because of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ] x acta mundo. I would rather fuk it up myself. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

3 of my buds from L.I., NY & CT have QUITE a few GMW's between the 3 of them but, are ordering less and less these both due to little quality issues and his arrogant attitude. Mind you, I have NO personal experience with GMW... just passing along my friends' words (who own about 8 between themselves).
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I for one am glad I never placed an order with him. I'll never think about doing it in the future either.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I am lost for words over this one Vic. I was also contiplating a new GMW after seeing the new headstocks(where the hell are these anyway?), but now, I will probably go with Hill Guitars out of Cleveland,OH. I can drive there in 2 1/2 hours and sit down with Hill himself and design a totally custom guitar. I hope Lee takes care of you bro. Jack.

Comment

No satisfaction from Lee, (is that the Rolling Stones I hear?) is just one reason I'm putting this up. The other is that people need to know, especially as I placed my order through GMW based soley on Forum praise for his work. Previosly I had not known about GMW, but you guys said so much about them here I chose GMW over Jackson to make my guitar, which I totally and fully regret 100%.

The kicker is it's not because GMW can't make a great guitar, they can, it's that they CHOSE to make this one crap and sent it to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    Ya know what. The heck with GMW. There are WAY too many other FANTASTIC custom alternatives - Carvin, Jackson, Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Zion, USACG, Warmoth, San Dimas Guitars, Grosh, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

...GMP

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless you're going to dig up the corpse and begin CPR. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

• Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *�%$@

This is a case of "Boy, I do good work for a few guys". And then the word gets out that;"This guy does real good work". Then he gets "smart" and offers his services to the guitar masses. He says: "Now I got a rep." So the all these guys that send in or order a guitar expect to get it done by the original "guys". HA!!!!!! As soon as a small custom shop gets overwhelmed and, even worse, smug, they will out- source all the "Joe Blow" work. It sucks. Just buy a 20+ year old guitar. The wood is seasoned. And back then, there was quality.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

OK, Vic can correct me if I am wrong...I think he wants to re-board what he has, as the headstock is also finished like the guitar. Thats what he has to do now, as he will not get a replacement neck from Lee.

Comment

Well, since you are getting no satisfaction from Lee, you could always do one of those Ebay "no sale" auctions showing great pics and telling the whole story of Lee's work here. Hell, run it 10 days so the most people can read the story and see the pics.

Do it. This will hurt Lee in the future pocket big time.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *�%

What a cock. Dad collects and sells some really weird old vintage guitars of varying origins and quality and I've never heard or seen of anything like this. Lee is dicking you cause your aussie and theres nothing you could do from down here. And that is absolute bs. We have alot stronger foothold in aus thanks to the ACCC. If you got a guitar like that from Maton (which you wouldnt, ever) you could say 'neck me' and they would HAVE to replace the neck. Lee sounds like a bitter old so'n'so, who wants a pms'd up bitch crafting their guitars until their sick of them and give up. This issue along with that everlasting 'new headstock' has totally boned up this custom shop. With Charvel putting the nail in the coffin. Good riddance, bitch!

Comment

yeah the more I think about this, it seems he did this shit-job veneer slap-on as a "fuck you" to you for complaining the first time around.

man, this really shows the power of the internet.
                              10 years ago no one would know about this kind of thing, now you have probably 100+ potential customers who know not to deal with GMW, because if something goes wrong, their attitude is Tough Luck Buddy.

incredible.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

HOLY SHIT....thats BS. GMW/Lee sounds alot like Wayne/Michael when dealing with issues on guitars they make. if you aint a rockstar or big time repeat customer you can go fuck yourself.....it was fine when it left the shop attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X