Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *?%$@

[ QUOTE ]
    Whoa. thanks for the correction. the long reading of this thread fatigued the memory a little.

so, looking ahead, what was it that you said you were going to do with what you have? you basically have a neck with matching head stock and body and everything.... are you getting pumped about finally starting over with a new board, binding, and inlay design?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem, I can understand how that might happen, lol. When it wasn't back in the US the guitar has sat uselessly in it's case, so I was slowly getting over it and I was looking forward to the new board so it would play and look better. Finding the veneer and realising I'd been taken for a ride the whole time has taken a shine off it, but damn, it should be a nice guitar in the end. The total cost of this guitar in money, time and heartache is quite large.

Comment

wow. this sucks big.

Comment

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13173231
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13173231

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, at this stage, what should I ask for? Totally new neck? Partial refund? Lee can be stubborn, I don't know if he'd care what the BBB thinks.

Comment

I'd go for a refund, for the money you have spent you could have gotten a Driskill or Warrior guitar. Or you could have built several Musikraft/Warmoth muts. So why not get that money back and deal with someone who will treat you right. I've never heard anyone utter a single bad thing about Joe Driskill. His guitars aren't cheap but they are probably about the value of what you have spent on that guitar at the very least. In all honesty you seem like you like the local luthier. Why not go with a Musikraft or a Warmoth and let your local guy put it together perfectly. When assembled correctly and cared for properly the Musikraft and Warmoth guitars are just as good as any custom guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I can tell you from personal experience all about logging in to receive "you asshole" PM's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got you beat, Tim; a while back I got a PM that was titled simply "fuckhead" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I can tell you from personal experience all about logging in to receive "you asshole" PM's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got you beat, Tim; a while back I got a PM that was titled simply "fuckhead" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you deserve it?
                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'd go for a refund, for the money you have spent you could have gotten a Driskill or Warrior guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you would have received one of a number of Warrior guitars that Chris and I saw at NAMM you'd be just as pissed. I was very surprised to see how crappy some of their work was.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Did you deserve it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go with "no" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

Did you deserve it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go with "no" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about that?
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

This may even have lawsuit potential. The dude didn't ask for or pay for wall paper, but in the end, he did so (unknowingly).

[/ QUOTE ]

A lawsuit for defamation? With people quoting all over the place in this thread. That's the only lawsuit i'm seeing.

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Implied warranty would be a more likely option. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Unfortunately, since I moved to America 4 years ago, virtually all of my dealings with US retailers and luthiers have been exactly the same. Maybe I'm a magnet for it, but no company I've done buisiness with based in America has a very high customer satisfaction threshold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda take issue with this statement, because as I posted before I have nothing but praise on my dealings with the Fender CS. In the past I've had to deal with Paul Rivera (Rivera amps) and to say he is a stand up an is an understatement. He made me feel like a rockstar, always took my phone calls, called me back repeatedly and fix the amp to my absolute liking.
                            I can say the same thing after speaking with John Suhr several times and yes the Mesa Boogie folks have been outstanding as well.
                            So... to make a blanket statetment like that is a bit harsh.

The more I think about this shit strom the more I think Vic got screwed big time. Yes, he handled the thing a bit abrutly, you know what they say "You attract more bees with honey than with s#%t".
                            But the fact remains that he did not order the fingerboard with a veneer top. I just never heard or read about such a thing. Yes, we know about maple caps and such, but a veneer?
                            Never.
                            On all the custom shop orders menu itemsI have seen, I have never seen a disclaimer about mishaps on the fingerboard/neck making operation to require a veneer if needed. So why in the hell the put one.
                            You f*%#ed up, put the thing through the band saw and get a new one going. Just the cost of doing business.
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Implied warranty is a common law term used in US, but will that be applicable if the product was sold to a customer in other country?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                Unfortunately, since I moved to America 4 years ago, virtually all of my dealings with US retailers and luthiers have been exactly the same. Maybe I'm a magnet for it, but no company I've done buisiness with based in America has a very high customer satisfaction threshold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda take issue with this statement, because as I posted before I have nothing but praise on my dealings with the Fender CS. In the past I've had to deal with Paul Rivera (Rivera amps) and to say he is a stand up an is an understatement. He made me feel like a rockstar, always took my phone calls, called me back repeatedly and fix the amp to my absolute liking.
                                I can say the same thing after speaking with John Suhr several times and yes the Mesa Boogie folks have been outstanding as well.
                                So... to make a blanket statetment like that is a bit harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting buisiness is like that everywhere, but next to all of my experiences with domestic luthiers and guitar dealers have been poor. This of course doesn't apply to instrumental quality, just the people of the buisiness.
                                I don't have any experience with the customer service of the brands you've listed (although I do own a mesa, I've never needed to call or contact them).

I tried to make it clear that the post was only refering to my personal experiences, I appologize if it was interpreted otherwise. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X