Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beating the dead horse thread

talk about beating a dead horse.

Oh yeah, every post is different from him......whatever.

Did the guy get hosed? Sure, i wouldnt want wood panels on my necks.

Could 4k have bought a jackson? Yes.Why not sell this guitar, he will never be happy with it.Everytime he looks at it, he gets pissed off and thinks of the negative experience.

Move on for the love of god.

Oh, and i cant avoid this thread, its like a train wreck, ya know?

Comment

• Re: beating the dead horse thread

Does anyone know what guage toothpicks Lee uses for securing necks?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thats on charvel necks only, because it woldve taken too much work to......oh wait, they do stupid shit too?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          talk about beating a dead horse.

Oh yeah, every post is different from him......whatever.

Did the guy get hosed? Sure, i wouldnt want wood panels on my necks.

Could 4k have bought a jackson? Yes.Why not sell this guitar, he will never be happy with it.Everytime he looks at it, he gets pissed off and thinks of the negative experience.

Move on for the love of god.

Oh, and i cant avoid this thread, its like a train wreck, ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...gonew=1#UNREAD

Love JCFMTGguys answer, i guess its okay to be a smart ass when its a charvel.

Comment

Fuck Lee!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I thought I locked this topic!! LOL

Andy, Sully gave you the logical and correct explanation.

Evidently, your guitar is staying in tune and operating properly, otherwise you would have mentioned those "defects".

Your neck and strap button were installed properly.

There are two different opinions on how and where the strap button should be located and attached. Both are structurally "correct". We choose the position as used on your guitar so that the button is out of your way for full access to the upper frets. Keep in mind, our assembly guys are players, not just hourly workers. They notice things like this!!

I appreciate you mentioning this and I will look into it. But that does not mean it was not done "correctly".

When all is said and done, does the guitar play great and feel good to you? If so, is this really an issue??

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it I found nothing smart assed about his response? Oh, that's right, because there was nothing smart assed. And by the way, let's compare apples to apples here, not apples to oranges. From the obvious responses from Sully, jgcable, and I forget how many others, I'm sure the veneer was not a "quality" fix. I'll take their word for it as I can just barely set up my guitars and I know they know more than I do. For 4,000 clams I would be raising pure murderous hell. Put yourself in Vic's shoes, and think about how you would feel if it were your guitar.

Now with my two cents posted to drag this one out a little longer...where the fuck is that horse? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Fuck Lee again!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

veneer and toothpicks - two great tastes that taste great together.

both are cheesy solutions to their respective problems. both vendors pretty much say there is nothing wrong with their cheesy solution. in a nuthshell - you should deal with it. that is so cool.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Re: Lee Garver is an unethical piece of *?%$@

[ QUOTE ]
                      Still beating the fuck out of a dead horse no matter how many pages it shows on your screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Bad seed notices the irony of complaining about the dead horse, even while he keeps swinging at it?

pete

Comment

was it $4000 australian or is that US with all the shipping back and forth included?

The $4000 number has really been bothering me on this.

Comment

$4000 Australian dollars. When I paid in 2002 the dollar was crap, but had been for a while so I just went for it. The dollar is better now dammit.... A buck is still a buck though.

That only included getting the guitar to me the first time, with shipping and import duties etc. Not for anything that's happened after. A guitar can be attractively priced, but factor in currency conversion, shipping and duties and it balloons quickly. I bought one of my guitars for around $300US, by the time it landed in my hands I was into it for almost $1200AU. Still a good buy though.

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was $1600 US initially...
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The guitar's cost was $1775 as I ordered it in 2002, the stupid australian dollar was worth like .52 back then....

I also ordered some parts from Lee which I recieved seperately, and a massive G&G Star guitar case, which shipped when the guitar also first shipped, so that's all on top as well.

Comment

Ok ..this thread seems to serve purpose to some and irritates others. I think it is much easier to avoid if you don't like the to than to try and derail others conversations. I don't care what the problem is it comes across as an elitist controlling attitude and it needs to stop .. don't like dead horses?

There are thousands of other threads to read through on this board....

As far as JCMIs toothpick deal..I guess Sully's answer will be construed as "protecting" the company and John again right? It would seem that bitching only works for some of you when it's your ideals and values and it's sensless BS when it someone elses problem..
                                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                                X