First Act Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Act Guitars

I think some of them look bitchin'. Different is always good, in my book.

That said, I'm gonna sell all my GMPs and start collecting First Acts. Keep your eyes on the Classifieds, guys.

Comment

one of my students has one of the walmart FA les pauls. it is a lot nicer than the starter guitars i had as a little kid. still can't get past the fact that their CS models are so expensive. i did laugh when i first started seeing the ads for their "high end" guitars. then i scoped their website and was surprised.....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        one of my students has one of the walmart FA les pauls. it is a lot nicer than the starter guitars i had as a little kid. still can't get past the fact that their CS models are so expensive. i did laugh when i first started seeing the ads for their "high end" guitars. then i scoped their website and was surprised.....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how you grow a product line. Start with good beginner stuff, then as the beginners look for something better to upgrade to, they'll remember their old favorite.
        It doesn't work if you make a crappy starter guitar.

Comment

That's a pretty good idea, not new, but a good idea to get some well made guitars out in the spotlight to legitimize the cheaper stuff.
          Doesn't Ibanez have a custom shop for their endorsers? (I know there's a lot of argument about this, I don't mean to bring up anything controversial). I remember there was a Huffy custom bike shop that built $10k road racing bikes, -10 years ago or so, but I think the dad's buying huffys for their kids weren't watching the Paris to Roubaix...

MD, that's so true that the entry level guitars of today are a whole lot better than what was available 20 years ago.

I bought a first-act tiny acoustic for my little boy for Christmas (he's almost 2), I tuned it to an open D, and he loves it. You can't play anything on the frets, the intonation is horrible, but it stays in tune for open strumming, and it's very durable (I'm trying to train him not to stand or jump on it, and not to throw it on the ground...).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Doesn't Ibanez have a custom shop for their endorsers?

[/ QUOTE ]
            Bit of a difference because Ibanez is a good company despite what some here may say. And their J Customs and Customs are just as good as Jackson Stars guitars (IE Japanese custom shops). Not that I doubt the First Act Customs are good, because I don't see how they can't be unless the workmanship sucks, but the name is now associated with Walmart starter packs which pretty much kills any legitimacy in the eyes of alot of musicians.

Comment

Working...
            X