Factory Second Kramer 1984 or 2006 DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Second Kramer 1984 or 2006 DK2M

I know I will get a biased opinion here but I need advice non the less. This will be my first real guitar. Right now I have a BC Rich Bronze. I am at the Beginning /Intermediate level.

The Kramer is made and assembled in USA, real FLoyd Trem, Gibson pickup. It is less that $600 as a factory second. Meaning there will be a small costmetic flaw.

The Jackson will have real Duncans and a licensed FLoyd.

Which is a better guitar for metal only? I do not see me using the front pickups much.

I like the look of the Jackson better but if the Kramer of way ahead in craftsmanship/parts I will go that way.

Thanks

Re: Factory Second Kramer 1984 or 2006 DK2M

Tough call - you can't get any more 1984 USA Kramers, but I'm sure you will be able to get DK2M's for the next few years or longer.

Comment

This is the Kramer I was talking about. It looks like they are avail but who knows...they may be back ordered.

http://www.musicyo.com/brandpos.asp?dept_id=17

Comment

I would ge the Jackson. I played a 1984 and they were ok, not bad but not great. Every DK2 I have played felt more solid and better built than the 1984 I had.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          This is the Kramer I was talking about. It looks like they are avail but who knows...they may be back ordered.

http://www.musicyo.com/brandpos.asp?dept_id=17

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you meant a "real" 1984 USA Kramer.

Comment

i have a 1984 neck on my 86 baretta. that neck is VERY sweet, but the frets are a little smaller than what jackson uses. so consider that. overall i think the workman ship would be VERY similar. keep in mind too that the jackson has a recessed floyd (good for pull ups AND dive bombs) where as the kramer has no recess.

also the real floyd on the kramer IS nicer than the licensed floyd on the jackson.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

There seems to be pros and cons to both.

As far as looks go ..I like the clean look of the 1 humbucker on the Kramer. But the Jackson body/pickups and necks all look better.
              I know that looks are not everything ...that is why I am here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a toughy--here's the way I see it: you have to balance whether you'd rather:

1. remove the crap bridge from the DK2 and replace it with an original Floyd, or

2. remove the possibly crap pickups from the 1984 and replace them with good ones.

Also, don't forget that the DK2 has 24 frets, vs. the 22 on the Kramer. Me, I'd go with the DK2, but I've long been a much bigger fan of Jackson necks than of Kramer necks.

Comment

We still don't know how good or bad the bridge on the DK2M is going to be... It's supposed to be an improved JT580LP

Comment

Has anyone played one of these?.If so what is the neck like?.It is a D , C shape , thick , thin etc...
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                    X