ESP rips off Jackson yet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESP rips off Jackson yet again

I doubt you will see him play this. A few people have seen him in recent history and posted pics. I dont recall seeing him play that baritone thing in any of them. I think they just use him for the recognition factor. That and he really doesnt seem to care about being seen with ugly ass guitars.

Comment

lets face it, not many guitar shapes left. To me it should have stopped after the 54 Strat lol
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Alexi is one hot chick !!!
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

How long til' ESP starts building Jackson Warrior/BC Rich Stealth hybrids? Oh shit I just gave one of you ESP fans an idea... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Hear the universe scream
          Bleeding from black holes
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

Wow, both of those are even uglier than the Axxion.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              How long til' ESP starts building Jackson Warrior/BC Rich Stealth hybrids? Oh shit I just gave one of you ESP fans an idea... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              I've actually had that idea for awhile now! It'll be called a Starrior. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The whole 'rip-off' thing is a bit overblown, but I think that the Rhoads and Soloist represented a far more original redesign, at the very least, of the Gibson and Fender originals than anything ESP has managed to do.

Heck, U.S. trademark law is the only reason that ESP doesn't send *exact* copies like the Edwards Les Pauls or the old Jackson-headstocked The Mirage Custom (which is the best guitar I own, by the way) over to the USA anymore.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Alexi of COB stopped using Jackson (I believe) because he wanted a cutom with certain specs and ESP could build it in half the time. I read that on the ESP board but I'm not sure how true it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite.

Let's just say it's difficult to build and ship a requested custom guitar on 3 days notice. If that makes us too slow, then I guess we're too slow. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Let's just say it's difficult to build and ship a requested custom guitar on 3 days notice. If that makes us too slow, then I guess we're too slow. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, you guys don't have a Secret Endorser Magic Wand that allows you to create custom-made guitars out of the aether? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ESP's solution appears to be obvious: have a bunch of ready-made existing designs around that you can still a bunch of inlays or crapola onto and call it a 'sig' guitar. That would be you, Dave Mustaine...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Laiho's Rhoads-copy in the US. Looks like they made the lower wing longer for our market, though, to avoid it being a total blatent rip-off.

http://www.espguitars.com/news/news_alexi.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So now it's a ripoff of the Warmoth V [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Not quite.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that ESP can actually put out a custom guitar in 3 days?! That would be a "WOW"!!

And please don't tell me that they are fast but is sloppy with their work because i've not gotten any ESP that are not quality product. I reckon AK47, "MR. ESP Collector," can back me up on this.

Fong

Comment

I don't think it's possible to put out any guitar that has a finish in 3 days. The painting process takes longer than that on it's own.

Comment

Working...
                          X