X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP rips off Jackson yet again

Roswell Rhoads, anyone?... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

http://www.espguitars.com/news/news_lynch.htm

And they're finally going to sell Laiho's Rhoads-copy in the US. Looks like they made the lower wing longer for our market, though, to avoid it being a total blatent rip-off.

http://www.espguitars.com/news/news_alexi.htm

[img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Re: ESP rips off Jackson yet again

as far as I know, the ESP V is supposed to be a spin of paul stanley's samick:

and not the roswell rhoads.

As for Alexi's V... Jackson had their chance [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Those models are just butt ugly, no compitition to jackson at all. And saying ESP is ripping off jackson with that design would be like saying jackson ripped off gibson on the flying V design, it is just not true, yeah close but not a pure rip off. now the Alexi model, that is a jackson rip off.

Comment

You know, I like Lynch's playing a lot. But his last several ESP signature designs have looked like bad comic drawings of a "cool" guitar.

As for the new guitar looking like a Jackson rip-off, I also see some Gibson influence, too: the TOM bridge and tailpiece and the covered 'buckers make me think more Gibson than Jackson. Just my $.02.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

the body is actually the star trek emblem that the crew wore on thier uniforms........

Comment

I remember in the 80's when there were a bunch of RR clones out there. I had a white/pinstriped Ibanez Pro-line RR with black hardware. It played ok but I thought it sounded like crap. Too bad COB aren't using Jacksons anymore, I liked the instructional video they did with just the 2 guitars. They had Jacksons, Marshalls and Jackson shirts on! Did they leave Jackson because of Fender?
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

These sort of rip-off bashing threads are pretty funny considering the history of J/C guitars - Strat/Tele heads and bodies, Gibson head and body shapes, etc.

I think the Lynch ESP V is pretty ugly but that Alexi V is kinda cool.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Alexi of COB stopped using Jackson (I believe) because he wanted a cutom with certain specs and ESP could build it in half the time. I read that on the ESP board but I'm not sure how true it is.

The japanese alexi V is cool, the US one looks dumb IMO.

Comment

UGLY, UGLY, UGLY, but rip offs? No. Just UGLY!
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i thought lynch's sig. was kinda trippy in a cool way. but thats just me.

Comment

All these signature guitars and George's main guitar is a vintage Fender Esquire!

Comment

looks like a shark tail, imo.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          These sort of rip-off bashing threads are pretty funny considering the history of J/C guitars - Strat/Tele heads and bodies, Gibson head and body shapes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tim, this is J/C forum, do you reckon "regular" people here will slam themselves in the face saying that J/C were/are copycats? hahahaah [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I used "regular" because Tim is a freak. bwhahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you Tim. In my mind, though, ESP has pretty much never come up with an original shape of its own (Jackson and others have). And, more importantly, ESP has a history almost exclusively based on ripping off others' popular designs and features.

Mind you, I'm not knocking their guitars. They make a lot of quality, good-looking stuff at a reasonable price. But, from a design-perspective, their company motto is as a follower/copier.

Comment

Lynch looks like a jackass with that guitar. Go back to the strat George!
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X