Taylor acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor acoustics

well I finally decided I have to get one of these.

they just jump and sing in your hand. I've never heard a guitar this alive. they just sound so great. I picked up a $2000 Gibson and it sounded dull and toneless next to both of these less expensive Taylors (and I love Gibsons). even their least expensive models sound great, which frankly are all I can afford to add to my quiver at the moment. I love the ebony boards too....on every model.

I played these today at GC and they were both fantastic.

it'll have to be the 214 I think. I like that body shape better. now to convince the wife. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: Taylor acoustics

Go for it! I have a 610 and I love that thing to death...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have a 510CE and it's awesome. You can't go wrong with a Taylor. With these, the higher the model number the better they sound and feel. I've been thinking about getting a 700 or 800 series. It's worth the money. I just keep spening it on JC's.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I've got 3 Taylors. They are brilliant. I hope it works out for you.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have a 514 and am constantly amazed at how well it plays and just how good it sounds. You cannot go wrong with one.

chuck
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Go for it! I've got a 514ce that is awesome. Taylor makes excellent guitars.

Comment

I had a 110 for a while. I loved the sound, hated the neck shape.

Comment

810ce here and I love it. If I ever take the plunge again it will be an x14 body style though. Taylors rule.

Jason

Comment

I've got a Big Baby. I hate the guitar. I mean really hate it. I think Mine is a turd though, I bought it after playing someone else's which was alright and I liked the price. My action is insanely high, and when I went to clean the fretboad the neck is loose in the pocket. I need to look at options to have it replaced/repaired under warranty.

Just make sure it's set up exactly how you want it before slapping down the cash. My next acoustic will be a Seagull or maybe a Tacoma.

Comment

I've got a 710 and a Baby. Great guitars and I highly recommend one to you. I sure wish the -14 style body was available when I picked up my 710 because I probably would have gotten a 714 instead. The 214 will be a great guitar that I'm sure you'll really enjoy.

Oh, did I mention that I think you should you get the 214? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I pretty had the same experience when shopping around for a guitar. I tried a few Gibsons, Martins, Takamine, but I always came back to the Taylor.

I ended purchasing a 312CE and I love it to death.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

seems like "9 out of 10 JCFer's recommend Taylors for those who chew gum, I mean play acoustic guitar." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thanks for the comments, this cements my devious plan to acquire a 214. bday is in Sept, perhaps that will be my ruse. I just got the wife a pair of nice big diamond earrings for Valentines which she loved, so maybe that puts me in line for not too much bitching about this next acquisition. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a 214... it had ULTRA sweet mids and highs... so it's a great choice! I sold mine though because now have my dream acoustic... an 814CE!

One thing though, before anyone buys a Baby, MAKE SURE you try out a Little Martin FIRST! My wife was buying one for my birthday a year and half ago, 'cause I always wanted one, and we were shopping and I picked up a Little Martin on a whim... even though there is not one shred of solid wood on it (like the Taylor) it COMPLETELY DESTROYS the Baby! SERIOUSLY! So that's what I had her buy me instead [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Is the Expression system still a mess (i.e. unreliable)?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Is the Expression system still a mess (i.e. unreliable)?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              is that the electronics?
                              I don't know, I'm planning on getting an acoustic one, rather than the a/e.

Comment

Working...
                              X