X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squire Showmaster HH w/ skull graphics rev Strat

Link is for the pictures only:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Squire-Sowmaster-HH-...1QQcmdZViewItem

My local Sam Ash has had 6 of these for the longest time. I guess they are a POS?

Re: Squire Showmaster HH w/ skull graphics rev Strat

these are out there to fill the "my 14 yr old wants a metal guitar but we can only spend $200" market. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yeah it looks nice but you know the hardware and craftsmanship is going to blow. the inlays are cool if you like that sorta thing, but how is the fretwork? also you're talking $200 minimum to make it any kind of playable (new pups, new tuners, at the very least) so is it a good deal by that point? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I have a Stagemaster HH, neckthrough with Floyd knockoff, I got for $107 off Ebay. Sure it's nothing to write home about, but it plays and sounds decent. Trem is about like a JT580, works pretty well. Frets and action are okay, no sharp edges or fretouts. Not a main guitar, but better than you'd think as cheap as they are. Just don't expect miracles at that price.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Interesting string routing on the low E after the nut...

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Interesting string routing on the low E after the nut...

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been one of the GC interns stringing it up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Like I said, my Sam Ash has 6 of these - I don't think they did their reseach too well when deciding to load up on these right before Christmas. They've been trying to blow them out at $249, but now I see even that is way to much. Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
          X