Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pickguard on Fucker relic strat...opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New pickguard on Fucker relic strat...opinions

Dude did you relic that yourself? Is it from the factory? Give us a little background on this guitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Dude did you relic that yourself? Is it from the factory? Give us a little background on this guitar

[/ QUOTE ]

+1. Also, is it a mutt?

Comment

t-shell
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Well if it was my call I'd throw the whole thing down the storm drain, but I hate relic guitars...The cream pickguard was better.

Comment

I think I like the cream better. Still cool better either way.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. This is a mutt made up of parts that I accumulated.

The neck is an old ESP. It has a distinct V shape to it & an ebony board. It was really broken in when I got it. Its really one of the most comfortable & best playing necks I ever had.

This neck was on the 6 string side of my 83 Charvel 6/12 doubleneck when I got it.

When I finally found the right original Charvel strathead neck to use in restoring my doubleneck......this body was attatched to it.

It is a WD body. Its made of alder & its pretty light.

So after restoring the doubleneck....I had the cast-off body & neck. They fit together perfectly.

I added a pickguard from Warmoth, Floyd Rose from ebay & a Duncan Custom 5.

Here she is before the relic job:

I had always wanted a guitar with that really beat to hell look & figured this should be the one.

I gave the neck a darker aged color with some vintage amber water-based stain, & added the headstock decal:

Then I sent the body & pickguard out to have the relic work done. Billy at Rock n Roll Relics does great work...he is easy to work with.....& his prices are good for the quality of the work.

Here is his link:
              http://www.rocknrollrelics.net/index.html

Especially after the relicing....this one has become my favorite live guitar. No worries of banging it up at a show. It sounds huge & plays as good or better than anything I own.

Comment

I like the white guard on it, I'll probably be shunned, but for some reason, I think a black ESP logo would look cool on the headstock...
                I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

You *paid* to have it reliced? Hahahahaha!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It might've taken a few years, but I would've reliced it for free. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

For what it's worth, I say keep the white guard and the single hum. I've always loved hotrodded Strats, and yours is one of the best!

Comment

Holy crap that looks MEAN.

MUCH improved, in my opinion.

I even dug the sticker too.

Comment

<font color="red"> Much cooler with the tortoise shell pickguard Brian!!Classic look bro!! </font>

Comment

Working...
                          X