Les Paul or another soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul or another soloist

Man I've havin a hard time deciding which guitar to get. I played a les paul the other day whem one of my friends came over to jam and it had some serious chunk. I liked it a lot except after a half hour my back was saying where's the Jackson. Then I switched back and I was at home again ya know. I mean the jackson was just a very easy guitar to play compared to the paul but the tone of the gibson is still bothering me. Anyway I am thinking of going Gibson but my wife is going "I thought Jackson was your favorite"? Yea she's right I love soloists for everything they do I don't know I'm just thinking out loud. Maybe if I give it another couple of weeks I'll be saying yea give me another soloist in a different finish. I gave up on gibson over 5 years ago why am I going back. Anyway I'm bored right now so I'm writing online just to get any opinions. I play metal and my Jacksons do the job well ,maybe I'll invite my friend over again and play it some more.

Re: Les Paul or another soloist

..Or look for a Mahogany Soloist with a maple top....
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

SHORT SCALE mahogany/maple capped soloist TOM bridge.....lmao

Comment

SL2H-MAH: still in production. Or, if you can live with a V and the smurf head, KV2T for the TOM.

Comment

Go to the gym. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">Or, perhaps something like this:

Mahogany body, flame maple top, and maple/maple w/brass v-trem Charvie [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Stop that! You are making me drool. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Find a SLATQH it has the LP tone and Jackson feel.Or a SLS it is mahogany with a maple cap and short scale.Here is my old SLATQH.
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I own both types, if you looking for bluesy
                  old school Rock sound, (Sabbath, Zeppelin,)
                  go with the Les Paul it has more tone, if
                  your looking for fast playing Metal sound
                  (Metalica, Pantera,) go with the Jackson
                  better for fast thrashing.........

Comment

sorry guys, if you want a Les Paul get a Les Paul. A Soloist is a fine guitar but it is not a Les Paul - that's sort of on purpose [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I agree, I have never heard a guitar sound like a real LP. If you have a Soloist, look for a nice Paul and then you will have both!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Go to the gym. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "POOP"

Comment

why do you want 2 of the same guitar....what's the point.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            sorry guys, if you want a Les Paul get a Les Paul. A Soloist is a fine guitar but it is not a Les Paul - that's sort of on purpose [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Mind you, this is coming from someone who has been looking for that LPish Jackson for a long time. I just got a my LPish AT soloist and as much as it reminds me of an LP, It's just not an LP. I'm working on funds for another Les Paul myself. There is just nothing else like it.
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

It's already been said, but I'll hammer the point home. If you want the tone of a Les Paul, quit playing with toys, save your money, and belly up to the bar. Or, you can continue to lie to yourself, believe the hype, and continue the allusive quest for true LP tone.
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X