Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibanez 1988 Roadstar Pro-580T Turbot Model??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez 1988 Roadstar Pro-580T Turbot Model??

Anybody know about this model and value in very good condition with case? Supposidly it is Made In The USA and very rare? What is one worth? Looks like a Tele shredder. Thanks-Jack.

Re: Ibanez 1988 Roadstar Pro-580T Turbot Model??

I think the word is assembled in USA, not made in USA. I have only seen a few of them, but never knew they were called Turbo Ts.................

Comment

go hear and click on guitar gallary and then go down to the roadstar section and they have picture and details. http://www.ibanezregister.com/

Comment

The birdseye top Roadstars are badass but somewhat rare. I check on ebay for them periodically but collectors usually snatch them up.

Comment

I've seen them sell for $400-500. Some guy has been listing one on ebay for $800 on and off for the last six months, and it hasn't gotten a bid once. I'd LOVE to have one, but I'm not paying that much.

Comment

800 for one of those is too much IMO. I hear they are great players though. Not worth 800 though.

Comment

Yes, the one on Ebay right now is Black, but the bidding starts at $599. So these are assembled in the USA-huh? I will check out your link bro and thanks to everyone for your help and will let you know what happens. what is a clean Black one worth? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

I just checked and in 1988 they didn`t even offer Black as a color. do you think this guitar is a ReFinish? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

With Ibanez, anything is possible, especially with models as weird and rare as this. However, I would need a LOT of good, detailed pictures before bidding at that price.

Comment

Wow man, it seams they don`t bring in a good resale value for this one eh? The dude is offering me this guitar and a 2005 SL2H in natural for my 1993 CS AT Soloist. Anybody interested in this Ibanez if I do the deal? Jack.

Comment

This model is frequently referred to as the 580 Ballback. Solid mahogany, with a hollow section under the pickguard (which is also mahogany). All the parts were made in Japan, and they were assembled in Bensalem PA. They have 22 fret necks, original Edge trems, and a coil tap on the push-pull tone knob. I had one for a while, it was a nice guitar. Those old IBZ pickups were made by DiMarzio, so they sound great as well. The black ones usually pull the least coin, with the natural ones getting more. They sometimes go as high as 700. I got mine (a black one) for 450 and got 600 for it about 2 years ago. They were only made for 6 months or so in '88, and were never in a catalogue (except for a single page slide in addition).
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Thanks man!! This one doesn`t have a Pickgaurd, it is rear routed. Does that make it any rarer? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Sounds odd...got a pic of this beastie? It may have been some kind of employee model (they had all sort of stuff left over when the line was pulled), but the cavity on the top was supposed to have been routed partly due to weight. I've never seen or heard of one that was rear routed.
                          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

The Rear Routed model; was the "T" model, hence the 580T model #. Anyway, it sold(on Ebay for $599), so hopefully that guy and I can swing a deal for my Jackson 1993 AT Soloist CS guitar. Thanks man-Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X