We may have a winner???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We may have a winner???

I don't think I've ever seem this many knobs and switches on a bass guitar. This may be the winner!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-80s-USA-BC-R...1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: We may have a winner???

"I have a hum coming from somewhere....." Check the vitural bottomless bowl of noodles. Damn that is a few wires in there!!!!! It does need a boost guage though!

Comment

Dude you had to Know it was going to be a vintage Mocking bird they slapped as much electronics into those things as they could back in the day. Why ? who the hell knows [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

It is a little known fact that they used the electronics of two of those guitars to fabricate all the electronics in the Knight Rider car.

Comment

You need to check out a BC Rich Bich Supreme with ALL of the knobs and switches. That bass only has what BC Rich classifies as "partial active" electronics.

Comment

http://www.themusiczoo.com/BCRichKoa...ural24190.html

This one is sold, so hopefully I'm not violating any rules by posting the link. Just wanted you to see the precurser to the 747 cockpit controls....

Comment

That was yours?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got a bunch of BCR basses like that. The switches are useful. Tonally, it can go from Rickenbacker, to P-bass, to Jackson and back. I call my Mock..."My Jackson with better electronics."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  It is a little known fact that they used the electronics of two of those guitars to fabricate all the electronics in the Knight Rider car.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Fuck me running, I'd hate to be the tech that gets taken to when it gets broken! Does that guitar come with a footcontroller?

Comment

Wow, that doesn't make me feel so bad about my Carvin w/ 4 knobs (one of them a push/pull) & 4 switches. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The electronics aren't as complicated as they seem. They're 9vt battery powered - with a built in booster, and coil taps. You can go from dual single coil (like a Rick) to dual humbucker (like a Fender Elite). I've recorded direct into the soundboard with these basses since the onboard preamp is so good. Really don't knock it until you try it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X