STOLEN custom strat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN custom strat...

Ok I sold this guitar I built to a forum member on the Seymour Duncan forums and now it has been stolen…right from his room!! He’s trying to find out if it was a neighbor or cleaning lady or what but just in case it pops up in a Cali pawn shop please please please please let me know!! I feel like one of my adopted children has been kidnapped!

It’s made up of a fender surf green reissue srat body I routed for a hum in the bridge. It has a fender neckplate on it and fender tuners also. The body has a tiny chip by the heel on the lower side. Graphtech saddles on the vintage trem as seen. The neck is an allparts neck (wood burn on heel) with “MR. PINK” stamped into the wood on the back of the headstock (stamped in similar to a wayne). The headstock logo is a custom pink fender one I made that say “Modified in NY” under it instead of made in usa (it was not cleared in). The pickups are pink dimarzios (air zone and pro track if I’m not mistaken) it now has a pink nobease knob on it now and still has the pink dimarzio cliplock attached. The guard is a warmoth pearl white as seen custom drilled for just one volume knob and mounts with 8 holes vs the modern 11 holes.

Here is the guitar…

It’s kinda hard to miss so if it pops up online or at a pawn shop in Cali PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Re: STOLEN custom strat...

I'll keep an eye out Mike. Maybe not so much in the Cali area but more online. I truly despise fucking thieves!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

That sucks. I had a nice $750 axe stolen once, out of my car (busted a window to get into the trunk), on Thanksgiving night of all things.

Comment

thanks guys! it's not mine anymore but i was the one who put the time in building it and making that custom pink fender logo hehe. i feel bad and hope he gets it back! it was (is) a cool guitar!

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Maybe it ran away? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, hopefully it'll show up unharmed, and fast [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Where exactly in California? (I hate that Cali, sounds so ghetto)
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

if it comes over the pond mate i will let you know-have to say that looks fucking amazing!Pure class,i might have to mod my strat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Where exactly in California? (I hate that Cali, sounds so ghetto)

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i'm a New Yorker, i didn't me to upset you with just typing Cali instead of California, i wasn't thinking much about that aspect of the post when i made it and didn't think you guys that live there took it as a bad thing. as for where...he is from Huntington Beach and the Cleaning Lady that may be a suspect is from Long Beach.

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

HB is right down the road; Tommy & I will keep an eye out; there are lots of pawns all up & down Beach Bl.

Comment

Thanks very much! i hope he can get the guitar back!!

-Mike
                    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

LOL! My old stomping grounds (not Long Beach - Huntington Beach LOL!) We liked Huntington because you could sneak beer out on the beach, and you didn't need to bring a radio - everyone else did. 105.5 KNAC is still the greatest metal station in my book.

Comment

... must be the wife.

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for posting this here!

I'm the guy from whom it was stolen. I have been checking some pawn shops with no luck, but I still haven't hit them all. I really hope I can get this guitar back, it is quite the awesome axe.

Hambucker: I wish it were that easy, but the wife does not exist.

If any of you Southern Californians are in a pawn shop and happen to see it, then you know what to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
                          -Tim

Comment

I myself pretty much live in Inglewood, so I'll keep my eye open when I build up the courage to venture into a local pawn shop, hoping to not get shot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If any of you Southern Californians are in a pawn shop and happen to see it, then you know what to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
                              -Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was thinking about this scenario last night, what DO we do? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1. Say nothing, feign interest and return with the cops? Will cops even show?

2. "Hey that Strat was stolen from my friend"
                              "Oh yeah? OK, here" [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

3. "Hey that Strat was stolen from my friend"
                              "OK, I'll hold it for him"
                              (I go tell you)
                              (You show up): "Hi I'm here for my Strat"
                              "What Strat?"

Comment

Working...
                              X