Squier Stagemaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squier Stagemaster

Thats very tasty! Ill get pics of mine up soon-ish! Its not an amazing guitar, but I can see it becoming a favourite with a stripped neck and EMGs and a re-fin...

James

Comment

The Stagemaster was a cool guitar, too bad Squire stope dmakeing them. When they fist showed up to me they were a neck-thru return of the HM Strat for a lower price. There was also a 7-string version if I remember correctly. They should bring it back, it was a cool guitar and after a little work they sayed (my drummer had one).

As for guitars smelling like week. I've had to stop leaving my stash in the case for my Carvin DC127 because that damn guitar just wreeks.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Fender has a repetitive problem where they come out with a low-end guitar that's pretty nice, then realize they're losing sales further up the chain. Their 1997-1998 Affinity
        Strats were in many ways nicer than their Mexi-Strats - louder pickups, 22 frets, thinner necks, solid wood bodies.
        Fender realized they were relatively too nice and changed to plywood bodies, 21 frets and a not-as-nice neck. e Stagemasters were a big example of this, so they discontinued them and then came out with set-neck Showmasters with Fender decals and an $850 list instead!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Haha, weird. Id say this guitar plays like my Model 3, but with a different neck. Chunky but not slow. Needs a refin though. I dont mind oiled necks, I prefer thick laquered or painted necks, but this is some gypsy half and half job (I dont mean patches of each [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). Its like in between oiled and laquered. Weird.

James

Comment

Working...
          X