peavey v-type ntb tr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey v-type ntb tr

Have any of you guys played these yet? It's a neck through, 24.75" scale, floyd, h/h guitar from Peavey. This is the model on their website. I was wondering how they played and if they are worth checking out.

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cf...e%3F+NTB+TR.cfm

Re: peavey v-type ntb tr

I never played one but I saw one in person. Its beautiful.

Comment

Since I have two early bolt-on Vandy's, I had to get the neck-thru NTB when it came out. It is a beautiful instrument with the abalone all around the body, neck, headstock. The 'hollow' tuner knobs are cool. The Peavey floyd is very heavy duty. Construction, fit and finish are first rate. The neck is comfortable and it plays great....BUT...in my opinion the bridge pickup sucks. I've heard this from others too. I put in a Screamin Demon, but that didn't improve anything. Maybe I'll try a JB or Duncan Design 102B or something. I got mine from a Peavey dealer for $605 out the door (no case). They go from about $450 to $600 on ebay.

Here's some pics:
      NTB body & neck abalone
      NTB headstock
      NTB trem
      NTB neck heel #1
      NTB neck heel #2

Comment

Thanks for the pics. After finding out about this I'm really tempted to try to pick one up. How is the neck? Is it thick or thin? Thin like a fusion maybe?

Comment

Working...
        X