Rickenbackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickenbackers

First off I don't know diddly about Rics, but I have found myself looking at at em more and and kinda adding em to my possible future guitar list, they seem faily resonable price wise, 1100 for a 360 at MF, just curious are these US made guitars and how is the quality? thanx
    I say the boy ain't right!

Re: Rickenbackers

They're USA made near LA. I have a 1999 built Ric 4003 model bass. The build quality is superb. NeckThru, tuned up and played out of the box beautifully. Turned up the gain on my amp and got instant Motorhead, backed the gain off and I got the Beatles. Haven't tried a 360...but I'm sure the quality is just as good.

My 4003 has dual truss rods for neck stability and strength, it's somewhat hard to adjust, but I've only needed to do it once - and not much of a turn at all.

Comment

I just bought my 2005 370/12 and I have been Jangling away. They have excellent quality, made in Orange County California and have Nitro lacquer finishes! I didn't know what I was missing! There are some great dealers out there too. Northcoast Music is one of them.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

actually the 12 strings are what got me looking at em, I know they have always had a good reputation, but any more you never know when a company starts to import their guitars, glad to hear they are still US made, I was checking the 370 out as well [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Yes and the 370/12 has the skinny neck (narrow for a 12 string). Roger McGuinn on his DVD shows how to chord the 370 in the first 3 frets. He said you have to be a little inventive in that area unless you have small hands. I've worked my way around it though. He also sometimes tunes down to D and uses the capo. The 620/12 has a little wider neck and some prefer that one over the 370. The sound is awesome. My "Jangle Box" was ordered 5 weeks ago and will be here this week. Guitar Player wrote up the Jangle Box so well, the small American company that makes them by hand has been swamped!
          Yea, I'm glad they are still made here in the USA and the prices a very reasonable and I think a bargain for the quality instrument they are. Some models have been back ordered for quite sometime, North Coast has about 320 guitars ordered including some new reissues. It's worth the wait for the model you want though.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I messed up. Me bad. I referred to the 620 having a wider neck. It's wrong. It's the 660 model. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Too many number designations!

Comment

Working...
            X