Bernie Rico jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Rico jr

I'm thinking of getting a Bernie Rico Jr Vixen guitar, i really like the V guitars and this one is custom for the price of a stock jackson kv2, any suggestions?

Re: Bernie Rico jr

What's your question? Are you asking opinions on the price or the quality of Rico Jr guitars?

Comment

the quality compared to the kv2, sorry for not making that clear...

Comment

I own 2 Rico Jr.'s They are some of the best guitars I have ever played... Totally handmade. Go for one while the serial #s are still low. I have a quilted SB-2 and an Alias Archtop... Check out www.DrumCityGuitarLand.com Jason will give you a killer deal...

Comment

I recently talked to a friend in Utah who got one of these about a month ago, his word is that it kicks the shit out of the BC Rich Handmades of the last 10 years or so, closer to the late 80's USA Handmades. If thats the case, these guitars are monster deals. Definitely something to consider if you like the pointy's.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            closer to the late 80's USA Handmades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early 80's I'd hope [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I played all of his NAMM guitars and they were all very well built and fairly well set up. Long term prognosis, who knows. But if I liked his shapes enough, I'd buy one.

Comment

are these made at the "BC South" plant?
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thanx for the replies, we'll see what the wallet decides then

Comment

Well, on the MCS board there was speculation that the Rico Jr guitars were made at BC South.

Recently, Neal made a post that said he talked to Rico Jr over the phone and Rico Jr said that they were being made in California, I *think* in San Diego in a small shop.

At NAMM, I asked the guys at the booth who does the finish work, if it was a guy named Shawn Ortiz who used to to BC Rich finish work. They looked puzzled and said no and said some other guy does the finish work. I asked where the guitars were made and they said Hesperia.

BC Rich denies that their current handmades are made in BC South. Nothing wrong with BC South at all. They made probably half of the handmades in the early 80s and still do it today.

Comment

Working...
                    X