Is this worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this worth it?

Hey, I'm thinking of possibly trading my "Stars" KV w/ a burny/greco LP custom. Anyone familiar with those Lp's? If so, do you think it's a decent trade? There are two guys that have this, and one of 'em is interested. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRECO-les-paul-custo...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-BURNY-Les-Paul-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Is this worth it?

Matters if you really like your stars KV or not. I had a 90's Burny LP with a Rosewood board. I liked the guitar but the frets were to big for my likings. I changed the pickups for the EMG 85/81 combo. It had a rosewood board. Those look rosewood as well. I like the Gibson Headstock one a lot. I still think 600 dollars is too much though. I paid 350 + 120 shipping for mine.

Comment

You speak of these like they were made by the same company. I'm pretty sure they are different companies. The Burny is made by Fernandes and sold in the Japan market only. I had a Burny LP from the 80's. Very decent build quality.

Comment

Woops, I meant Greco.. I think they were made under the same factory though.

Comment

Well, my KV is a very nice guitar for about $1000 new. However, I just can't get used to the V body, and I can't stand tremolo's anymore. I've been drooling at Edwards Les Paul customs for some time now, but don't have the money now so....Anyways, I asked the guy w/ the Greco guitar that has the Gibson logo on it, if he'd be interested in the trade, and he was definately in for it. He's got a really good rating, and he told me to check out his band and all, and he seems like a "no bullshit" guy. But anyways, I just want to know if this guitar is definately worth anything, is this thing definately worth more than an Epiphone, or can this be a quality guitar after I change out the pickups and hardware and stuff?

EDIT: Alright let me just sum up my question again.....I don't want to trade my guitar for this thing, if it's really not worth anything. Actually now that I think about it, I definately won't do a straight trade, my KV's gotta be worth a coupla hundred more dollars so...Tell me guys, how's the overall quality and sound of this instrument?

Comment

In my opinion, the Greco isn't in the greatest shape and is probably a $500ish guitar. The Edwards Les Pauls have been going on JCF and ebay for around $650, which for $150ish more would be a much much much better deal. There's one on ebay now for $700 buy it now... CLICK HERE!

You are limiting yourself by trying to find a guy to trade your KV stars with...if you sold the KV outright, then you'd have $ in hand and be able to look around for a really good guitar that fits your specs/color and such vs. what you'd be getting with the Greco.

How much could you get for your KV? maybe close to the $700 of that edwards?? Do you have $725 credit card available to do a buy it now on the edwards and sell the KV in a month before the bill comes? Also, on that edwards auction paypal has a 'make no payments for 3 months' offer (US residents).

Food for thought: You really want an edwards, yet due to the trade thing you'll 'settle' for the Greco. In my past experiences, whenever I 'settled' for something, over time it turns out it really wasn't the greatest idea, and I'd wished I wouldn't have 'settled'.

Comment

No I'm not doing it, it was just an idea. There was actually a lot of things that weren't really shown in the pics of that GReco. The neck is actually a bolt-on....

Comment

Working...
              X