Rickenstinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickenstinker

Wow do these guitars smell funky!!! I have heard the phrase rick o smell to describe em, just wondering how long until it fades out, Just got it a couple hours ago, and it plays really nicely, good set up, really thin strings tho, I'll give it a work out this evening on a couple different amps and see what works best [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I say the boy ain't right!

Re: Rickenstinker

Wow, you did it! I'm proud of you now. You now have joined the elite forces! Nothing like the smell of Nitro and Maple in the morning. Looks like a 360 in Fireglow ? Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

P.S. Now you need a Jangle Box! I just got mine on Friday! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah I wanted something different, I have a handful of killer distortion guitars, but I thought it would be cool to get something kinda unique for a change of pace, workmanship is flawless and I think I am going to really like this guitar, yeah its 360 fireglow, lemme know how you like that jangle box I have room for another pedal somewhere. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the Janglebox so far. I've tried it with my 370/12 and my '52 Tele, so far. With the 12 string it's dead on McGuinn, Tom Petty, The Beatles, Kennedy's etc. Sounds like the old Studer compressors pushed to the max. You have control over "gain" and "attack". Also you have a toggle switch for Dark, Med. and Bright sounds. My only gripe and Mr. Lasko is going to here about it, is the jack for the 9V power supply. It's a Positive pin, so my 1 Spot and my more common Boss power supplies are Negative pin. I need a Boss ACA or DanElectro postive pin supply. So I'll end up with one dedicated power supply on my board to power it.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Beautiful guitar!!! Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Funny, I didn't see the smell thing. I believe most of the odors are from cases, not the guitars. My case is the Vintage silver G & G case and no smells there. I just recently got a Gator case for one of my mutts and that case had a strong glue/plastic smell to it.

Comment

Beautiful guitar! Good luck with her!
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

I was disappointed to see it came with a black case, I like the look of the other cases better, this thing was made in Jan '06 so the newness may contibute to the odor, Its not that bad, seems to fading pretty quickly, I left the case open last night to air out. played it for about three hours last night, I love it clean, I really haven't tried it distorted a whole lot yet, but I think it will be alright, thanx for the comments, Brian

Comment

Thats a cool guitar. Every time I see one of those anymore I think of this guy:

Comment

Yes, Rickenbacker is working pretty hard right now trying to fill dealers orders. Quite a few got shipped in Jan. and Feb. They must be maxed out to capacity and many of their reissues may not be out till the end of the year. If I was smart (and had some $) in the late 80's into the 90's, I would have bought all the Signature models. They're not making those anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X