Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My \'54 vintage Strat...

[ QUOTE ]
    From what I've read, I could see George Lynch liking these necks. I really love fat necks, I'm talking Warmoth fatback profiles, but this V shape is a bit different. I've played old strats before and it feels exactly like this, but I've never spent any time with one before. Plus it has those damn skinny frets [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's hard to see in the photos, but the paint has really faded and become almost pearlescent in some areas.

Another question, why didn't ESP clear over their logos? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I guess they just got the parts from Japan already painted and assembled them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw an original 48th street ESP that wasn't cleared over either. My 83' Pacer had a neck profile very similar to a vintage Fender strat right down to the tint like yours.

Comment

This is the second one I've seen where the logo wasn't cleared over.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        new york is right...they owned a basement? or a flat or summin in new york that was the esp bit in the US very early on before they expanded

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it was 48th Street guitars and they pumped out 48th Street logo'd guitars and ESP's specifically for pro's.
        I think that they were all made to order and not alot of them were made.

Comment

Hey John, are you talking about the strat head graphic Kramer you had, that was very cool guitar. Did it have skinny vintage style frets?

I used to have an '84 Pacer with the classic headstock. I don't remember it having the V neck profile.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey John, are you talking about the strat head graphic Kramer you had, that was very cool guitar. Did it have skinny vintage style frets?

I used to have an '84 Pacer with the classic headstock. I don't remember it having the V neck profile.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one of them. I don't recall the fret size but they weren't jumbo's. My early 80's Pacer strathead was a 2 hum with a metallic red body, 22 fret maple neck with a chrome OFR. The neck was a V-neck profile but the Kramer logo was cleared over. It was a great guitar. I think you have a real keeper there.

Comment

Working...
            X