Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mustaine goes .... WAAAAHHHHHHH

Found this on google video today ...
    Dave Mustaine demoing the ESP Axxion ...
    includes a quick implied jab at Jackson.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56334063195093

Is it just me, or does that guitar sound completely terriblewhen he's demoing 'how good it sounds?' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-a

Re: The Mustaine goes .... WAAAAHHHHHHH

I wouldn't say it sounded terrible. I think a lot of it had to do with the way it was recorded for the video. It's definitely not my cup of tea. But if it makes the guy happy, who am I to argue?

Comment

"I submitted this design 15 years ago to another guitar company, and they did nothing with it."

That's because it's horridly FUGLY, and no-one will buy it! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Good move on Jackson's part. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, it sounds the way Dave sounds when he plays. It's not a bad guitar, I just wouldn't buy one personally

Comment

I think he tried to incorporate some of his old B.C. Rich's Bich design into it. Not quite, but kinda I think.

Comment

It sounds good IMO, but since you can hear his pick, it makes it sound bad, and I agree with the fugliness, to me this is worse than some of the BC Rich's I've seen. Good song he's playing though

Comment

Dave's had a good run. Seems to me he was do to lose his mind.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Ergonomically, the way it sits is pretty cool. But yeah, it looks fugly. Perhaps a good studio guitar?

Comment

I don't get him. Fine,the axxion is built. Goody for Dave.
                  Why does he have to hold a grudge thru 2 different owners of J/C?
                  I just don't like the man. He's such a PITA with the whole not letting things drop already. Geesh!
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    It sounds good IMO, but since you can hear his pick, it makes it sound bad, and I agree with the fugliness, to me this is worse than some of the BC Rich's I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it sounds like the action is so low that you can hear the pick ad the strings buzzing ...

As far as Dave.. He actslike a jilted ex girlfriend who hasn't gotten over things yet...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Ergonomically, the way it sits is pretty cool. But yeah, it looks fugly. Perhaps a good studio guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess, reportidly Dave has yet to use it live.

Comment

I am a Dave fan from long ago and still enjoy the old stuff...so I start watching this vid and think..what a f*&kin geek....and then he starts playing take no prisoners ( I think he forgot some notes)...and then I start to think Man he f*&^in rocks. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] He has written some of the coolest shit. Most of it on a Jackson right?....so who cares about his new Ugly ass guitar? Not me! ...and yeah he should get over it....It's funny in his new disks...you can tell he plays an ESP [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

The body ain't as fugly as the headstock...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            and then he starts playing take no prisoners ( I think he forgot some notes)...and then I start to think Man he f*&^in rocks. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] He has written some of the coolest shit. Most of it on a Jackson right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he was playing Kick The Chair, which was written on an ESP DV8 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But yes, Rust In Peace was written on a jackson, and thats awesome.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I am a Dave fan from long ago and still enjoy the old stuff...so I start watching this vid and think..what a f*&kin geek....and then he starts playing take no prisoners ( I think he forgot some notes)...and then I start to think Man he f*&^in rocks. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] He has written some of the coolest shit. Most of it on a Jackson right?....so who cares about his new Ugly ass guitar? Not me! ...and yeah he should get over it....It's funny in his new disks...you can tell he plays an ESP [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              C'mon, I would've thought a true Megadeth fan would've known that song. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X