more V, Ibanez this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more V, Ibanez this time

What timing! I resurrected an old guitar I've been lugging around with me in pieces for 20 years over the weekend. I'd lost all the electronics and pickguard but still had one of the original pups. Everything else is original. Made up a new electronics set and a new pick guard and voila!

I don't know what to do with the empty pickup slot yet. I am not used to tremelos at all and it took quite a few hours of fiddling and reading the tech section's floyd tips before I got it set up right. It still will return sharp if I lift it but it comes back exact if I only use it for going flat. Plays pretty good, why did I leave it like that for so long? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: more V, Ibanez this time

Looks bitchin'!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to do with the empty pickup slot yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoke bomb! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Pretty cool, mate! I bet she cleans up nice.

Comment

Thanks guys. I was thinking the last couple days about what to do with this guitar. My current front runner idea is to fill in the neck pup hole, put a real Floyd on it, and refinish. White with black pinstripes looks good on the real RRs. Maybe get a Warmoth or Jackson neck with binding to boot.

Comment

Cool,a poormans RR.I have one too.Actually,when they came out in '85 or whatever they were considered hot shit with the rest of the Proline series and the 16" radius board.The next year it became a setneck and lost the control plate.Post pics when you get done.I'd like to see how it turns out.
            Here's a shot of mine
            My Gear

Comment

For some reason, I want to go and listen to IMMORTAL now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

what's-his-name from In Flames used to use one of those too, I think

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  For some reason, I want to go and listen to IMMORTAL now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, my first thought as well, Immortal kicked ass!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thanks. They look good in front of a marshall don't they? I knew there had to be another out there. I'll post pics when I finish it. I put another old pick up in the neck for the time being.

Comment

I've got one too. It's bright yellow now. It was my main axe 10 years ago, still love it to bits though. Would have preferred it in white but the previous owner (our manager at the time) had it sprayed to match his Porsche (porsche paint too) :-)
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...RECORDER-1.jpg
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...RECORDER-0.jpg
                      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Looking good. I could here the weedley-weedley sound from that first pic. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        From the little I've been able to dig up on the tremlo on this guitar, the verdict seems to be that my experience is par for the course. Do you guys block your trems and just use it for 'going down' if you'll pardon the phrase. I could live with that. I'm having second thoughts about major surgery for this. It plays fine except for the problem with using the trem for raising the pitch.

Comment

I've never blocked mine and never had any problems with it. Blocking is an easy option though.
                          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Working...
                          X