Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have $8k to blow?

Hendrix Strat

I plan to get one, it'll go nicely with the guitar pictured above. However, in my opinion, prices will be quite a bit lower than $8K.
    "POOP"

Comment

Cool strat!

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hendrix Strat

I plan to get one, it'll go nicely with the guitar pictured above. However, in my opinion, prices will be quite a bit lower than $8K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the one they put out from the Fender Custom Shop? Because I have seen these on E-Bay and they are more than 8k, actually.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I'll take two in that case. I don't recall Jimi playing anything that looked like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called it his "Flying Angel" and he most certainly did play this guitar. The original is still around, as a matter of fact.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...he gave this guitar, and the remaining burnt pieces of the famous Monterry Strat to Todd Rundgren. I believe Todd turned it back over to Jimi's family, and it now resides at the Experience Museum in Seattle. This is info I got out of an article in VG about 2 years ago.

As for the GC reissues of this guitar. I can make a replica of it (and a more accurate replica) for just around a $G.
          I have a giant poster of Jimi with this guitar, and you can see the details in the paintjob very clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew he played a V, I just don't recall that paint job. I guess you learn something everyday.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If you want to invest sure guitar money, you buy Fender or Gibson.
            Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to Shawn on this.. he's 100% right [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Are you guys sure you don't want it, you can SAVE $4300! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Right

"List price: $12,300
              Guaranteed Lowest Price: $7999.99
              SAVE $4300!"

I think they pulled that list price out of their butt! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Is this the one they put out from the Fender Custom Shop? Because I have seen these on E-Bay and they are more than 8k, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this model is a Custom Shop creation. 211 were built and I have number 51. Number 3 sold last year for $19K and number 87 was recently listed at $12K.
                "POOP"

Comment

Hmm. Just when I think Charvel prices are abosultly insane, gibson (or fender for that matter) does something like this to raise the ante.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I saw Hendrix in Cincinnati Ohio in 68 and all he played was a reverse headstock Olympic white strat with the cord duct taped to the body.Great show and VERY,VERY LOUD.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

A little cheaper
                      http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/Gea...px?Item=868663
                      My Gear

Comment

The guitar itself isn't worth $1500 but the key number here is 300. Gauranteed good investment. Its all rather calculating and phony of gibson, but it will be an instant colectors item, just on scarcity alone, plus the name Gibson. Can't lose on this one.

8K is probably a bargain.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          A little cheaper
                          http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/Gea...px?Item=868663

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple things wrong with this one....
                          Tuners are Schallers instead of the old plastic button Klusons
                          Vibrato tailpiece is too close to the bridge, and on the actual '67 Flying V, was mounted as close as it could to the crotch of the V. And finally, the headstock is the wrong shape to be accurate. The paintjob is good, very close to the original, but done in acrylic enamel paint instead of nail polish. For the price, it's as good as it gets. Except I could buy faded cherry V's all day on ebay for $550.00...so the price is wrong too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Good call [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            My Gear

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I saw Hendrix in Cincinnati Ohio in 68 and all he played was a reverse headstock Olympic white strat with the cord duct taped to the body.Great show and VERY,VERY LOUD.

[/ QUOTE ]I hate you. Alot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                If you want to invest sure guitar money, you buy Fender or Gibson.
                                Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to Shawn on this.. he's 100% right [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I sold three Les Paul 59 reissues last year and they went up around $1000.00 since then. Thank god I kept one.
                                DO you think the RR LTD's will eventually increase in value as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X