Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have $8k to blow?

Collectors' item?

Why do I think this is $6k flushed down the drain?

Re: Anyone have $8k to blow?

Yes
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Well, you could get a reissue V and have it painted like this for alot less, sure. However, they will sell all of these, I can assure you of that.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I completely disagree. I guarantee if I bought this, and put it away for 20 years, I could triple my money.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Or your could put the money in a mutal fund a double it in 8 years [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Not as fun thou...........

Comment

It is damn cool. But not 8k cool. I also love the Pete Townshend LP's but they run 6k+.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I completely disagree. I guarantee if I bought this, and put it away for 20 years, I could triple my money.

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

I could triple 8k in the stock market in 20 months. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Are you guys sure you don't want it, you can SAVE $4300! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll take two in that case. I don't recall Jimi playing anything that looked like that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Or your could put the money in a mutal fund a double it in 8 years [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Not as fun thou...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!

59' LP's were selling on the high end at 12k in 85....Think about it.

If you want to invest sure guitar money, you buy Fender or Gibson.

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

another reason why I will never buy a Gibson

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'll take two in that case. I don't recall Jimi playing anything that looked like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called it his "Flying Angel" and he most certainly did play this guitar. The original is still around, as a matter of fact.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He called it his "Flying Angel" and he most certainly did play this guitar. The original is still around, as a matter of fact.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...he gave this guitar, and the remaining burnt pieces of the famous Monterry Strat to Todd Rundgren. I believe Todd turned it back over to Jimi's family, and it now resides at the Experience Museum in Seattle. This is info I got out of an article in VG about 2 years ago.

As for the GC reissues of this guitar. I can make a replica of it (and a more accurate replica) for just around a $G.
                          I have a giant poster of Jimi with this guitar, and you can see the details in the paintjob very clearly.

Comment

The pickguard kinda gets in the way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Now, if get him to sign them, you may have something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

This isnt about how much it costs to make it. Yeah, you could make a replica for a grand, thats worth $400 the next day.

This is an investment, pure and simple. I am sure the "guitars were meant to be played, man" guys will be out soon. Ok, fair enough. Lets see somebody plop down 8k and take this out to some shitter bar playing AC/DC covers. More power to ya.

If you spend your money wisely on guitars, you will get a return on them, or at least your kids or grandkids will, AND you get to enjoy them while you are above the dirt. If you buy faded Flying V's and paint them, well.....there ya go.

Shawn
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X