VH2 Bumblebee body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VH2 Bumblebee body?

I'm settling this crap once and for all....I built the damn thing...yes...it was I. I was 13 and built it in my junior high schools woodshoop class. I have LoA's to prove it too. It was POS that I threw in the trash and Eddie Van Halen garbarge picked it, it was caught on security cameras and there is video floating around one of those message boards with all EVH experts who can tell what color Eddie shits on a daily basis.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

shawn's right; he was eddie in the hot for teacher video, after all. true story!
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

This is from the other active EVH thread

[ QUOTE ]
        Check out these 2 links to threads on the Anderson Forum. Tom has worked with a lot of great guitar players and has some great stories to tell.

http://andersonforum.com/board/showt...ighlight=halen

http://andersonforum.com/board/showt...ighlight=halen

[/ QUOTE ]

They talk about Dave Schecter setting up the original templates for Wayne. And how these templates were used for the VHII guitar.

"dave's templates had a bump in the neck pocket where the tension rod is. that's a way to tell where they came from."
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

As I mentioned earlier. Regardless of who assembled the parts, that body was made in the Wayne era. As a fan of the "old" Charvels and Schecters, it is suprising how similar the oldest Charvel and Schecter routes are. Bothe are based on the control portion of the top loader strat template. Schecter actually shaped the cover different than the route. Charvel did not recess at first and then followed the same conntour as the route. If you take the cover off an old Schecter it is similar.

No Dispute........ Wayne era body. No agenda here, just the facts
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

here isa real old Schecter, notice the similarities to the early Charvel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980s-SCHECTER-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Even though I too think its one of the coolest of the Guitars.

The Black and Yellow was used for one tour, not used on any recordings and pretty much butchered for its parts for guitars on the the 1980 tour. ( The 2nd neck, the maple one with the flame on the headstock was on Red Frank up until Diver Down...).....If you look at that shot of Ed in his "room" with all the guitars from around '81..You see Black and Yellow's Empty, neckless body in the corner...

Its just trips me out that this guitar gets so much attention when in fact, Edward was really never happy with it...

Comment

True. You never see him playing it later, but then again he did get the Krammer endoresement so that pretty much ended the earlier guitars

Comment

Ed has said he only liked the way it looked, and was never happy with the way it sounded. The neck got sanded and was on Frankie for quite some time.

That clear pickup, I have learned, was actually a Mighty-Mite and was just thrown in there for the album shoot.

Fun stuff.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                  X