PRS Mother Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Mother Ship

I was out today with my camera and thought I would share with you guys. It's not very exciting but here is where the PRS guitars are born. It's not far from where I live. I guess the PRS lovers of the group will appreciate this the most.

"You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Re: PRS Mother Ship

You would think for the price they charge for a guitar, they could pay their employees enough to drive something nicer than a chevy cavalier. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cool to see though, a little more factory-esque than I'd imagine.

Comment

Nice ... now go take pix inside the factory! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-a

Comment

looking at the landscaping we may soo see the new PRS flowering plumwood special.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You would think for the price they charge for a guitar, they could pay their employees enough to drive something nicer than a chevy cavalier. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cool to see though, a little more factory-esque than I'd imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]You have to remember, though, they may work there, but they're still musicians. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm suprised there wasn't a 1989 ford econoline van in the pic [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

You should have toilet-papered the place and spray painted "Jackson Rulzzz" under the PRS logo... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              looking at the landscaping we may soo see the new PRS flowering plumwood special.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that what they are? They'd look great in my yard
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You have to remember, though, they may work there, but they're still musicians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the people that work for Paul are young guys. I worked there for a short time when I was in my late teens. It was just a small wood working shop then. Now it's a big wood working shop. I just thought it would be cool to show this. We all have these pictures in our minds about what these places actually look like so I thought I would take the opportunity. Sorry if I ruined any grand visions if you had them. Reality sucks sometimes.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Most of the people that work for Paul are young guys. I worked there for a short time when I was in my late teens. It was just a small wood working shop then. Now it's a big wood working shop. I just thought it would be cool to show this. We all have these pictures in our minds about what these places actually look like so I thought I would take the opportunity. Sorry if I ruined any grand visions if you had them. Reality sucks sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep! You would think that Gibson being about the biggest guitar manufacture would be huge. Not at all, its actual kinda small in grand scheme of corporate america...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Nice ... now go take pix inside the factory! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-a

[/ QUOTE ]

Get yourself one of the PRS DVDs. You can usually get it for free. You just have to pay for shipping. There's a factory tour segment that is pretty cool IMO.

Comment

Did you do any dumpster diving or was there a line to get into it???

Comment

I wonder if PRS cuts up their rejects the way Gibson does? Hmm, maybe I should take a trip to a certain factory in Corona sometime... [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

I am pretty confident that they would have some interesting stuff in the dumpster.
                          We used to dumpster dive at the Radio Shack store all the time. When models were discontinued or returned they would try to blow them out with sales and anything that didn't sell got pitched in the dumpster.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Get yourself one of the PRS DVDs. You can usually get it for free. You just have to pay for shipping. There's a factory tour segment that is pretty cool IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice ... I found it for $5 on their website ... that's close enough to free for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Which is funny because there are a few auctions for the DVD on ebay for $15+ [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-a

Edit: BAH! They require a $25 minimum order .... guess it's time to order one of those Dragon single-cuts [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">Hey Mike, do they have actual Factory Tours there? I'd love to come down and see it if they do?
                              </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X