VOS SG Std...YEAH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOS SG Std...YEAH!

I grabbed one of the first stoptail SG's from the brand new Gibson Historic VOS Series {Vintage Original Spec.}. KILLER!!! Aged parts and finish, Burst-Bucker 1 & 2 pickups, one-piece solid mahogany body & neck, long neck tenon, period correct neck profiles, hardware, and electronics, 100% nitro-cellulose lacquer, rolled fingerboard edge, and these are the first Gibson's factory Plek'd. The feel, fretwork, is amazing. This is by far the best playing new Gibson I've ever played. If you've been disappointed in new Gibson stuff, try a VOS series guitar, they're incredible.

Re: VOS SG Std...YEAH!

i'm not an sg fan at all, but that looks like a really nice guitar. the wood looks really nice, and i'm glad to hear that they're pleking stuff now. that's pretty cool! enjoy it!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I love SG's and that's a beauty. Congrats on that one. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

congrats thats sweet man. What is the neck profile like?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          congrats thats sweet man. What is the neck profile like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be a slim 60s profile. (@ Gibson) Why no double ring Klusons??? VOS still not correct. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Man that's nice! Congrats on a great axe man. How are the BB pups? My historic LP/SG has the 57's which seem to give a great warm sound, but stop short of screaming.

chuck
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

looks like a beauty. Enjoy.

Comment

agree the color looks great..very cool guitar, has a nice vibe about it!
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Why no double ring Klusons??? VOS still not correct. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  that's so they still have something to improve for the next super-historically-accurate-line [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

that looks like a SWEET guitar, I love SGs

Comment

Its taking them long enough to start improving their guitars,especially in their price range. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Hopefully they'll keep on the right track this time. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

How do you like the BBs?? I've tried them in a few LPs and they just weren't for me. I would rather see them go back to the 490/498 combo or the 57's as standard pups. Maybe they sound better in an SG...

Comment

*sigh*....I wish they'd add the Firebirds to this lineup!
                        I have a major woody for real 60's Firebirds

Nice SG however dude!! I bet it feels and sounds as perty as it looks!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Just.... WOW! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Apparently, all historics from now on will be from the VOS line. You won't be able to buy a new historic with the glossy finish. Price has gone up as well, from $2450 to $2800. No more 57 Goldtops for $2450 brand new.

So, this either means my Goldtop is now worth a little more (bought it for 1.5k) now that the Historics are even more out of reach, pricewise, or that the demand will only be for VOS, and the older historics will drop in price.

Comment

No 335s though. Man, I really want a 335, and one that has been aged would be just the shit.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                              X