Any GMP news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any GMP news?

I keep hearing a rumor that GMP will be coming back.
    Anybody know anything about that?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Any GMP news?

I have heard the same thing but the rumors have been few and far between.

The biggest issue is they have nothing to come back too. Everything was sold. Maybe they kept there custom cnc bits and programs but who knows.

If they come back, IMO they will very boutique at first and be priced accordingly. That was the cool thing about GMP they had awesome quality and great prices.

Comment

isn't ed roman gonna start biluding those now?
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Oh, man. I just puked in my throat.

Don't even say that, dude.

Comment

Related news: For those who may not have heard, Pat McGarry has returned to the J/C custom shop. Not sure if that means anything with respect to GMP being resurrected from the dead.

Comment

I wonder what Glenn (from GMP) is doing ?? Was Pat a full time guy at GMP ?? I would love to talk to either of them.

Last time I talked to anyone in the "know" the GMP name had NOT been sold so Ed Roman doesn;t have them yet.

Comment

Looks like Fender is OEMing their new line!

http://www.fenderusa.com/store/enter...=gmp&node_id=4

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

GMP I *think* is a term. I remember a friend of mine buying these high-end miniture muscle cars, like super detailed Hot Wheels cars. he still has a huge collection of them. So I had heard the term "GMP Cars" way before I heard of the guitar company. I remember thinking "Is the model car compnay making guitars now?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

GMP is a die cast miniature brand.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah i know that. that gmp is in GA, the gmp that we all know and love is in San Dimas, CA.

just a bad attempt at humor at my part. i am a former gmp owner. great guitars. hope to see them soon.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      the gmp that we all know and love is in San Dimas, CA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, no. The GMP that we all knew and loved was in San Dimas, CA. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X