just got this carvin in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got this carvin in

originally i was going to build one through them, but this one they had on their in stock page is pretty damn close to what i would have been purchasing anyway. i love the look of the natural finish with an ebony board without inlays. aside from that its got all the features i like: string through, neck through, sperzel lockers, mahogany.

i was thinking i would need a pickup change for sure but im not totally hating the sound of the holdsworth buckers that are in it now. not as hot as i'm used to (my main guitar has a dimebucker in it and i throw EMGs in most everything else) but they squeel better than i thought they would.

Congrats!! Carvins rock!!!! I also got an SC90 from their In-Stock section back in '02. I got a DC400 and a DC120 (12-string) after that, but now I'm back to only my SC90.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet!! Great combo of features there, really close to what I would get also. Congrats on a great All Mahogany guitar bro Jack.

Comment

The Amber finish goes very well with the black HW.
        Congrats!
        How does it play?
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Very nice , I am also a Carvin owner and instock buyer to.I picked up a plain jane DC150 and Bolt+C for a very good price.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

You basically have the exact same taste in guitars as me, aside from the shape.

Very very VERY nice axe!
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That is a really sweet looking axe!
              Congrats on the find!

Comment

Very classy looking axe, congrats!

Comment

Very nice! I received my DC400 earlier this year and it is the best guitar I have ever played. Im in love with it. That looks really cool, enjoy it man!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler
                    The Amber finish goes very well with the black HW.
                    Congrats!
                    How does it play?
                    It's not amber. It's natural mahogany.

Comment

Congratulations! Beautiful guitar, very elegant looking in its clean simple lines. I have a CM130 which was their LP Junior style of the early 80s and I love that guitar! It is the easiest playing guitar I have ever played in nearly 34 years! Enjoy your new beauty!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

don't carvins have pickups that are differently sized than standard pups? could give you some problems when you want to swap them ..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B
                          don't carvins have pickups that are differently sized than standard pups? could give you some problems when you want to swap them ..
                          No, they're the same size. You'll just have to use a different bezel to mount another pup in, or drill an extra hole on the Carvin bezel between the two holes on the bass side.
                          Their 7-string pup cavities may need to be shaved inside the route a little for different pups, though.

Comment

Working...
                          X