ESP/Prices$$ What the F@*%4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/Prices$$ What the F@*%4

I recently looked into getting a Custom Shop ESP MII/Neckthru. Sorry Guys to my hands it just felt better the an SL2H, I have played both. Anyway they recently jacked up all their prices, it is almost a Joke what they want for a Custom guitar. I am currently waiting on a quote from Matt but so far the quotes from other dealers are just insane.I could almost buy 2 Custom Charvels for the price of 1 ESP. Sorry just venting

but you are getting a quote on a neckthru custom while Charvels are bolt on?
    Then makes sense ESP Neck thru would be expensive though I am sure Jackson CS guitars are slightly cheaper than custom ESP.

Comment

Oh, I agree that ESP neck thru Hanneman I own plays better than most of Jackson Soloist type I have owned.

Comment

I am curious is the Hannemen you have a heavy or light giutar? The MII Urban Camo I have is very light and a little bright sounding for my tastes. That is why I was looking at the all Mahogany Custom version. Ouch$$

Comment

Mine is Alder body but it seems heavy and gets very tight bottom end.
          At least heavier than Alder bolt on Dinky.
          Maybe because it is Maple neck thru?

Comment

Comment

Oof! That guitar deserves a better pic than that, Toru!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Check out the ESP Alexi, the neck is just pure sweetness!!!!

Comment

every post i've read concerning ESP has said they're always overpriced. but then, bc rich are also overpriced (age old big fucking rant).
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

'Ere ya go, wilkie

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-Rich-Bronze-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Ya highjackah!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have an ESP M-1 Custom I bought at a NAMM show back in 1989 for $500. It has crosses for inlays on an ebony FB, but the crosses are turned 90 degrees so that they are upright only when the neck is pointing straight up. Whoever special ordered it refused the order and told ESP to do it right. It was bare wood, no hardware, ready to be finished.

The body (if its like the newer ones) is three pieces of maple neck thru, with Alder wings. Since mine has been drying out for 17 years, it seems light.

The neck profile is rounder than my USA RR1's flat elliptical neck profiles. Maybe not as wide either - I have an R2 nut on it - slightly narrower than the neck, so an R3/R4 would probably work as well.

I have it wired with an OBL L500XL straight out (no control holes yet) and it sounds badass. OFR trem as well.

I really need to get it painted someday.

Comment

I have a late '80s ESP The Mirage Custom, which is basically the ancestor of the M-1 and M-II models. It's a mofo, but have a very different feel and sound than any J/C I've ever played.

Rather than paying $$$$$$ for a new custom M-II, I'd probably just search out one of the old '80s ones with the Jackson headstock, like mine. They come up on eBay all the time and rarely sell for more than $700. I'd like to get a custom Mirage 7-string and know I'd have to pay $$$$$$, but that's another story altogether.

Comment

Can someone describe the neck profile of other ESPs? I want to know if my round profile is common or if the guitar maybe still had some room for final shaping. I might want to shave the neck down a little more since it's not finished yet.

Comment

Mine has a slightly thicker neck than most J/C neckthrus I've played, with a much more pronounced "C-shape." More like Gibson than Jackson, really. I'm pretty sure the fretboard is narrower, as well, but I've never measured it to find out.

Comment

I just looked up the Lynch models on MF the other day and was going to start a thread similiar to this......WTF! $2399 for Kami and $2249 for a Tiger! Screw ESP!!
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X