No announcement yet.

ESP/Prices$$ What the F@*%4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those prices are MAP and my site has the same prices as MF. Get in touch with me for your JCF member price on any of this stuff.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
    35 Pleasant St
    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
    781-335-0700
    www.mattsmusic.com
    [email protected]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion
      Mine has a slightly thicker neck than most J/C neckthrus I've played, with a much more pronounced "C-shape." More like Gibson than Jackson, really. I'm pretty sure the fretboard is narrower, as well, but I've never measured it to find out.
      Yup! the fretboards on ESPs are slightly narrower and has a little more beef in them compared to a present day neck-thru Jackson. But not to the extend of Gibson's fattness. I'd say a very well balance neck profile. Actually, the ESP necks are pretty similiar to the mid-late 80s soloist.

Fong
      Last edited by Chameleonfong; 04-14-2006, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        He's talking about the Customshop stuff (obviously). List prices are over $3k, but that doesn't mean you should pay that...
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like my ESP has the correct/same neck profile as everyone else. I currently like thin shredder necks the best (fusions), but variety is the spice of life I guess.

Comment

I guess another reason why you like the Fusions is because of the shorter scale length - which makes it much easier to run around the fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong
              But not to the extend of Gibson's fattness. I'd say a very well balance neck profile. Actually, the ESP necks are pretty similiar to the mid-late 80s soloist.
              I've always had Les Paul Customs with slimmer necks, so mine were about the same size as my ESP neck. I agree about it being a very well-balanced neck. I have average-sized hands, and my ESP's neck fits my hand perfectly. I have to say, though, that every J/C I've ever played had an extremely pronounced "D-shape" that I've never seen on any ESP, so I have to disagree with you on the comparison. They seem very different, to me. I'm sure that ESP would make you a D-shaped neck if you ordered it that way, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleonfong
                I guess another reason why you like the Fusions is because of the shorter scale length - which makes it much easier to run around the fretboard.
                +1 My next CS Jackson will be 24.75 scale unless the MM1 goes thru and it is 24.75 scale. Jack.

Comment

The two 80s soloists (reverse Snakeskin & Stone Crack) i had came with a C shape profile. Not exactly C but similiar to an ESP which has a slightly flatter C. I guess during the 80s, most of the Soloists were pretty much custom, therefore, i was "lucky" to get the C-lish profile ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X