My new Peavey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Peavey

In my continuous effort to break my bank, I bought this. Anybody have opinions or comments. I know buttkiss about Peaveys. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1 How can you lose for that price?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

GREAT score on some good ol' American music gear! You are the bargain king!

Comment

Here is a case (with guitar and amp and cord) when a potentional buyer gets so anal that if he doesn't see the back he backs off. Hellfire!!!!! Any USA made guitar is worth what I paid. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, around $200.
      Last edited by fett; 04-15-2006, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Nice score man! Definitely worth the money! The T-25 is kinda homely, but they play and sound good, and that one doesn't look half bad either.

And those little Decades are surprisingly loud and good sounding for a little 8" speaker amp. Plus it has a 12v power plug on the back, you can plug that sucker into your car's cigarette lighter and jam anywhere you can drive! There is even a Peavey battery pack that holds 2 9v batteries that will power it, though not loudly or for long. I wish I still had mine!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, those are actually not bad guitars, I dont really care for the two piece (bilaminated) neck/fretboard, you get a seam right down the middle of the fretboard, The case is one for a T-60 and those are getting harder to find, worth 40 bucks or better, 23 fret, 24.75" scale. generally on Peaveys the bottom tone knob when set beteen 8-10 will split the bridge HB. A bargain hunter like yourself should love Peavey guitars, you can always find really decent USA made models (and they made a shit load of different models) for next to nothing, and most of em aren't that bad.
          Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-16-2006, 07:40 AM.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Got it today. It really is tits and near new. New strings tomorrow.

Comment

that was a nice score.. those style necks have been used on alot of USA Peaveys.. they're actually very decent guitars. I think the humbuckers are ceramic mag.. not outstanding but they do the trick.

Comment

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...ey/T_25-1.html
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita.../Decade-1.html
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Racer what's new? I'm all over Harmony Central. Had to look at the guts. It's, at least an '82 based on the CTS pots. As for the pickups, they are sealed up so I could see much. It is a really well made guitar and I got a deal. The shipping was steep but still tolerable. The amp was made in the US. It's OK, but I think I'm going to lose it.

Comment

If you want the date of manufacture go to Peavey .com and access the guitar forum by registering and ask AJ what year it is, post the serial #, I still have a T-27, same guitar basically but SSH haven't played it in awhile but all in all its a pretty decent guitar, good to take events and not have to be concerned about it getting dinged,
                      http://forums.peavey.com
                      Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-23-2006, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I have 2 T60's. They look a lot like this one. Great American made guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by ronnierogers
                          I have 2 T60's. They look a lot like this one. Great American made guitars!
                          I had one for a while, It was just too damn heavy. I actually have gotten to know the engineer who designed em for Peavey, Chip Todd (as in "T" 60 , even he has decided they were too heavy and now does modifications to old T-60s (chambering) to lighten em up.

Comment

Working...
                          X